Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating,and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Mapbox is seeking a Webflow Developer to join its Go-To-Market and Design team reporting to the office of the CEO.
Millions of people visit the Mapbox website every month. Many of these visits are from large fortune 500 companies as well as fast growing startups disrupting their industry.
Mapbox is a platform offering solutions for maps, search, navigation and even AR and computer vision applications. We strive to delight visitors through the use of real world visuals of our technology in action, combined with the latest modern approaches to designing for the web including ui animation and transitions, page layout best practices, awareness of SEO implications and a rock solid information architecture making it efficient to learn about Mapbox services.
In late 2019 we made the jump to rebuilding our website in Webflow and we haven’t looked back. The speed that Webflow allows us to move has put web development work front and center connected to everything happening at Mapbox. Any new feature or product starts by designing and building the page. This process allows us to validate the pain point we’re addressing and devise a communication strategy for communicating directly with the target audience. The opportunity to be involved at this stage of the process is rare.
The team is small, scrapy and very capable and gets plenty of exposure to leadership at the company. You’ll be asked to wear many hats, so any other visual or design talents you bring will be put to use.
What You’ll Do:
- Quickly iterate, publishing daily changes to the website to keep content fresh and accurate
- Optimize web pages for accessibility and SEO
- Work with designers to promote consistency across the site
- Bring strong opinions regarding information architecture and site navigation
- Connect your work to top level business goals ensuring your work is in alignment
- Work with internal stakeholders training them how to effectively maintain their content through the Webflow CMS
- Add to our growing component library helping to drive brand consistency and allowing us to move quickly on building out new pages and microsites
- Be data driven and look for opportunities to A/B test your decisions
- Look for opportunities to improve operational excellence and the visitor experience of our site, setting up proactive alerts or checks to flag any issues
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role:
- At least 1 year of experience with Webflow
- At least 1 year of experience as a frontend developer
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Understanding of search engine optimization principles
- Understanding of content management systems
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new techniques
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Experience designing and building for SAAS is a plus
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity