Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world.
The Mapbox sales team is composed of Account Managers that help our customers grow and get value from the Mapbox platform. They work with customers at every stage, whether they’re under our free tier or spending millions of dollars. Account Managers work to deeply understand our customers’ business and recommend opportunities to improve it with location.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the strategic and revenue development of a geographic region
- Coach Account Managers in closing complex transactions by teaching best practices in prospecting, qualifying and closing opportunities, and the skills needed to position Mapbox as an industry leader
- Develop an energetic and hungry sales team that thrive on creating their own book of business and innovative ways for launching and growing relationships with more developers, prospects and customers
- Support a repeatable training process that helps Account Managers learn sales skills, product and industry knowledge, and professional habits they need to succeed in the role and be the voice of the market, develop sales forecasts for the executive leadership team as well as create mechanisms for frictionless feedback loop between sales and product
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts, optimizations and renewals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Analyze market developments, industries to improve vertical or territory development and expansion
- Lead customer meetings to impart sales intelligence and wisdom and set the example for your team
- Hire, onboard and train new sales reps as your sales targets and book of revenue grows
- Create a team culture that’s positive, motivating, and results driven
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 6+ years experience leading sales teams that achieve/exceed quota in Fortune 2000 accounts
- An infectious energy and inspire the people around you
- Develop strategy and execution. See the larger picture while you dive into the details to get things done
- Experience in aligning sales organizations with product & development during the opportunity lifecycle
- Goal-oriented mindset, able to work individually as well as collectively with a team
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments as well as working through ambiguity that can often develop when sales and product roadmaps are iterating and adapting quickly
- Curious, constantly learning, and adaptable. Excited by the complex and changing nature of Mapbox. You also believe sales is evolving, and you’re determined to bring Mapbox to the cutting edge
- Empower teams to creatively problem-solve, and are motivated to mentor up-and-coming talent and well as more senior sellers
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity