What We Do
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as the Internet of Things and AR/VR.
In 2019, Mapbox made a considerable investment in the platform to support the Japanese market, including the integration of best-in-class Zenrin data, and supporting the launch of Yahoo! JAPAN’s new maps for millions of people. Today, the demand for Mapbox in Japan is growing as we become the leading Japanese platform for maps and location. Our team is product-focused and customer-obsessed, developing opportunities to rapidly and sustainably scale our business throughout Japan. We’re building a sales and solutions team tailored to the Japanese market and we need a passionate, experienced leader to join us.
Mapbox Japan works closely with some of the biggest and best SI and reseller partners in Japan. Partner Managers work to create programs, negotiate partnership agreements, and manage ongoing relationships with partners who are critical to further Mapbox’s business objectives in the region. This position will work very closely with Mapbox Japan leadership and other key cross-functional stakeholders at Mapbox including Sales, Product, Marketing, and Legal.
What You'll Do
Mapbox Japan is looking for a Partner Manager with a strong background in project and account management and a history of building strong relationships to help to drive growth from partnerships. You will be responsible for these relationships in Japan by identifying and negotiating new partnership contracts, creating standardized and scalable programs, analyzing partner business performance, assisting partners through sales enablement and sales operations to drive revenues, and developing strong and lasting relationships at multiple levels with our partners.
As a Partner Manager, you will be responsible for executing the business development strategy with our partners and you will be responsible for achieving goals and driving partner success in the market. You will represent the entire range of Mapbox products and services for our partners while at times focusing on specific solutions or product sets for particular partner vertical markets. You will work closely with partners on plan executions including sales pipeline monitoring, revenue achievement tracking, development progress and marketing initiatives. You will make necessary adjustments to put plans and objectives on track and provide regular reports and analysis to senior leadership team.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- A track record of meeting/exceeding goals, including managing toward revenue, user growth (MAUs), and other OKRs
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial mentality and very collaborative
- A strong technical depth in order to work easily with Mapbox Product and Data Services teams
- Exceptionally clear and concise communication style, including a familiarity of writing strategy documents, developing sales enablement materials, and documenting status updates for leadership executives
- Ability to maintain centralized documentation for partners, including training materials, sales enablement materials, and deal status tracking
- Familiarity working with sales teams on deal-flow, driving to deals to completion
- Work closely with Legal and BD leads to identify and negotiate partnership opportunities
- Strong quantitative skills in order to make data-informed decisions and make recommendations on how we should structure, standardize and scale partnerships
- Strengths in relationship building at multiple levels of partner organizations
- A track record in managing and resolving customer issues, escalating where needed and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Manage quarterly business reviews and manage personal OKRs
- Represent Mapbox at partner and industry events
- 8+ years of working experience in the areas of sales, sales operations/management, business development and/ or sales management
- Deep understanding of the digital/partner landscape in Japan with evidence of professional network with system integrators and/or application solution providers/resellers
- Software-as-a-service or developer-focused experience is a plus
- Background in maps and location technology is a major plus
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and attention to detail
- Fast learner with ability to articulate solution offerings and value propositions
- Analytics with strong business forecasting and sales management discipline
- Superior writing and presentation/communication skills
- B.A./ B.S. degree / MBA preferred
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders: