Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The People Business team helps with the development of employees and engages with teams. We work closely with employees to understand their needs and motivations, and provide “out of the box” solutions. We support our leaders by understanding their businesses. We are involved with employee engagement initiatives, launch learning and development programs, tackle employee relations concerns, conduct performance management, and handle anything that comes our way.
What You'll Do
- Build strong relationships with business partners and people team members
- Collect relevant information from all over the world to help drive change and translate best practice
- Act as an activist for your clients, your team, and our mission
- Take advantage of the many opportunities to change through org designs, talent development, and engagement initiatives
- Learn from those around you and share that learning
- Provide expertise and coach managers on appropriate people management best practices, i.e. performance management, discipline, reward & recognition, and exit
- Liaise with ERGs, help set goals and directions for an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Build and refine learning & development programs
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- A strong ability to collaborate with and coach senior management and executives
- Experience putting programmatic solutions in place
- Has a passion for and works to increase diversity & inclusion
- Experience with Org Design and Org Structure (formal education around this not required)
- Experience supporting high growth organizations
- Finds creative ways to make the impossible possible
- Highly collaborative and thrive in ambiguous environments
- A sense of humor
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity