Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
What We Do
In 2019, Mapbox made considerable investment in the platform to support the Japanese market, including the integration of best-in-class Zenrin data, and supporting the launch of Yahoo! JAPAN’s new maps for millions of people. In 2020 we announced our joint venture with Softbank KK to form Mapbox Japan. Today, the demand for Mapbox in Japan is growing as we become the leading Japanese platform for maps and location. Mapbox Japan is product-focused and customer-obsessed, developing opportunities to rapidly and sustainably scale our business throughout Japan. We’re building a sales and solutions team tailored to the Japanese market and we need a passionate, experienced technical sales manager to join us.
What You'll Do
- Expand licensing and rapidly grow revenues for Mapbox Japan maps and data via our APIs and SDKs to a set of strategic customers through direct and partner-led sales.
- Manage a technical sales process and thrive by creating their own book of business and innovate ways for launching and growing relationships with more developers, prospects and customers across Japan.
- Working closely with core team of solution architects, map designers, and others to help customers realize their vision for location and maps
- Be the voice of the customers, develop sales forecasts for the executive leadership team as well as maintain critical feedback loops between sales, product, marketing, support and technical account management
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Analyze market developments, industries to improve vertical or territory development and expansion
- Lead client and prospect meetings to impart sales intelligence and wisdom and set the example for your team
- Help create a team culture that’s positive, motivating, and performance-driven
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years of experience in technical sales and/or business development
- Experience working in startup or US-headquartered company a plus
- Track record of negotiating complex deals involving a technical product, demonstrating clear revenue growth with sales/ARR
- Highly analytical with strong complex problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity collaborating with and presenting to senior executives
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (Product, Legal, Finance, Accounting, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and deal with pressure in an unstructured environment; ability to work through uncertainty
- Be passionate about the details, do what it takes with speed, resourcefulness, and a positive, go-getter attitude regardless of the tasks at hand
- English language skills required
- This role will be based in Tokyo
- Up to 50% travel
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Japanese or Native Speaker
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders: