Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You’ll Do:
- Create project plan, project schedule, budget, scope, status, requirements analysis, and issue management of the development and implementation of assigned projects
- Serve as a single point of contact for challenging, multidisciplinary projects, coordinate meetings, drive tasks, and track and report on project status, risks, and issues
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes
- Independently or with the help of a Business Analyst, track and fully document changes for functional and business specifications; write detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training
- Ensure tasks / actions are completed and correct level of follow through is done
- Provide post deployment training and support
- Create release notes and communicate those to stakeholders
- Train users on new processes / changes
- Drive adoptions of new changes
- Participate in change management meetings
- Translate requirements into a design solution
- Participate in quality assurance and user acceptance testing
- Gain a deep understanding of all processes / applications / interfaces / data architecture
- Prioritize change/enhancement requests by working cross functionally across the organization
- Wear multiple hats and jump in where needed.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Business analysis experience (i.e. workflow and requirements analysis/gathering, business case development, etc.)
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, process, and follow through skills
- Strong writing skills; experience in developing job aids and policy documents
- Experience recommending controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures
- Demonstrated experience improving workflow systems by studying current practices and designing modifications.
- Experience with legal sector internal processes will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of GIS and mapping will be a plus
- Project management qualifications in methodologies such as PMP, Agile, Scrums will be an advantage
What We Value
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply