Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by mapping the world in real-time. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The Navigation department is building a suite of products that empowers Mapbox’s future growth in key growth verticals which include Automotive, Logistics, and navigation solutions for the other areas. Our product includes Navigation SDKs, end-client applications for Android and Linux platforms, and number of internal mobile reference applications.
Mapbox’s navigation products are at the heart of some of the most sophisticated companies in the world from Instacart to Porsche and DPD, helping them optimize their fleets and navigate through an ever-changing environment.
What You'll Do
We are looking for Android engineers who will become part of one of our teams working on the navigation applications for a number of the largest car manufacturers in the industry.
- Drive technical development in the Android Driver Application, powered by our Android Navigation SDKs.
- Participate in discussions regarding the technical and functional sides of the product in close collaboration with Mapbox teams and customers.
- Make key contributions into mobile architecture, code health, and development processes for building best in class software products.
- Collaborate closely with other teams across Mapbox to understand and build what is needed to enable delightful user app experiences.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Demonstrated history of shipping Android apps available on Google Play store, or equivalent
- Experience writing Android Applications with Kotlin or Java
- Knowledge of software design, Android systems and architecture
- Enthusiasm for building components and systems with reliability and long term support in mind
- Good sense of usability
- Open-minded to explore new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms
- Desire to learn and to teach
- Experience building SDKs in any language is a plus
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
We are creating a very strong team of professionals able to solve complicated and interesting tasks. We will provide appropriate working conditions, good salary, really nice office in the city center and others.