Mapbox is used by more than 1.5 million developers, and powers applications touching 600 million people worldwide. Whether you’re visualizing your customers on Tableau, ordering food on Grubhub, or sharing your stories on Snap, Mapbox is powering the location experience. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We’re reinventing navigation with AR/VR and other technologies making it safer and more exciting for drivers, passengers, and communities.
What We Do
Solution Architects create world class solutions that enable customers to integrate Mapbox into their products. This team of consumer application, logistics, automotive, and business intelligence experts will be our platform’s technical representatives, working with senior executives and developers to communicate our platform’s vision. They will be advocates for our developers; develop training, and documentation to enable self-service; foster culture of continuous improvement as the voice of the customer; working with a variety of cross-functional teams like product, engineering, ops, marketing, and, most importantly, our customers.
What You’ll Do
Mapbox is looking for an experienced technical leader for our Solutions Architecture team. This is a leadership position for someone who can build teams, recognize and coach top technical talent, establish relationships and set strategy at a senior level with Mapbox product teams, measure and deliver results, and also get hands-on to help build complex architectures.
- Lead a global team of Solution Architects that build simple, efficient, and scalable location solutions using Mapbox
- Recruit, develop and manage a world-class team of Solution Architects with deep industry expertise
- Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer skills to customers who are considering or using Mapbox
- Define, build and institutionalize best practices for continual improvement of processes and results. Ensure the necessary tools are in place to maximize impact and productivity of the team.
- Accountable for tracking (and creating new) metrics to measure the success of solutions and impact to the customer
- You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling experts for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
What We Value
In addition to our core values (https://www.mapbox.com/about/values/) , which are not unique to this position and are necessary for all Mapbox leaders:
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.