Mapbox is the location data platform for mobile and web applications. We provide building blocks to add location features like maps, search, and navigation into any experience you create. Over 160,000 active developers build with Mapbox every month and these applications reach more than 300 million people worldwide.
We’re looking for a Senior Content Writer and Strategist to journey our Marketing Team and help tell the story of Mapbox, uncover our best stories, tease out what sets us apart, and highlight customers who build with our tools. In this role, you’ll write and edit at breakneck speed to support four to six campaigns every week, and create original stories for marketing initiatives. You’ll also grow internal stakeholders as writers, because everyone at Mapbox contributes the narratives that are foundational to our story across all channels. This means you believe everyone is a writer, love teaching, and are curious enough to dig in and ask questions constantly to understand the breadth and depth of our customers and the platforms we support. You’ll collaborate widely to write awesome stories that help everyone win, while still sweating the details.
Write compelling stories that are concise yet thorough and technical yet accessible to showcase our products and highlight customers pushing the edge of mapping and location across a variety of marketing campaigns, including our Points of Interest blog (blog.mapbox.com), guides, landing pages, and case studies.
Teach others at Mapbox how to write persuasively for external audiences across several formats including our blog, email, and social.
Own the Mapbox style, quality, and tone in all work and optimizing it all for search and social promotion.
Manage an editorial calendar and serve as an editor of the Mapbox voice and tone while facilitating employee and contractor/vendor submissions, editing copy, and ensuring flawless posts go live on deadline.
Work with design and engineering to conceptualize and create engaging visuals across all marketing channels.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Proven track record of writing – whether in journalism or marketing content creation – preferably with experience in making complex topics understandable and engaging
- A demonstrated nose for news, the ability to turn ideas into compelling concepts/copy, and understanding for what is “cool”
- Ability to write across multiple mediums: blogs, long-form customer stories, web, email, and social
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to work independently while also knowing when to ask questions or ask for help
- Strong editing and proofreading skills, and a total command of the rules of grammar
- Ability to work in high-volume publishing environment with tight and rapidly-changing deadlines
- Understanding of B2B marketing systems along with experience in HTML, Adobe Photoshop, and social media marketing are a plus
- Familiarity with technical- and developer-focused writing is a plus
How to apply
- Include sample published articles or writing samples
- All applicants must submit cover letters
- Tell us why you’re excited about Mapbox and the one thing you’d love to work on first
At Mapbox, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out – and set you apart – especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Mapbox, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity