Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world.
What We Do
Our Navigation team builds the world’s most flexible global routing engine to provide safe and efficient routes for everything from two-wheelers and electric vehicles to trucks and RVs. We solve complex geospatial data problems and leverage algorithms and statistical analysis to power experiences like Instacart’s delivery tracking, scenic and adventure routing for Porsche and Land Rover, Roadtrippers custom RV experiences, and automotive-grade navigation in our Mapbox Dash app for General Motors, BMW, and many more. Over 30,000 customers use our Navigation APIs, ranging from individual app developers to household consumer app brands and Fortune 500 enterprises.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Product Manager to partner with a passionate group of engineers and a wide variety of customers and internal stakeholders. You will own product, roadmap, and revenue for multiple cloud services that power experience our routing and navigation customer experiences.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Become an expert in navigation and routing, quickly learning on the job from our talented engineers and data scientists as well as from our wide range of customers across different industries and geographies
- Learn the ins and outs of the Directions API and the navigation experiences in the Mapbox Dash app. Work with sales and TAMs to enable complex customer use cases and discover new ones using these products and services.
- Define the product roadmap informed by in-depth customer discovery, competitive insights, and a strong grasp of the technical requirements
- Regularly engage our customers via video conversations, emails, and in person visits to understand their needs, as well as validate our proposed solutions.
- Own communications with stakeholders from project start to end. In addition to our customers, you will work closely with Engineering Managers, Engineers, General Managers, the Support team, Sales team and our TAMs.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 4+ years of proven product management experience and ability to design and develop sophisticated, innovative, efficient, and durable solutions to complex technical and business problems; SaaS, mobility/mapping/GIS, or enterprise B2B experience strongly preferred.
- An analytical approach: you have strong SQL skills or a willingness to learn, and always use data to properly evaluate the success or failure of features, as well as guide your next steps.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and intrinsic motivation: you gravitate towards chaos. You can weed out what’s important in highly ambiguous spaces, and juggle a variety of competing priorities.
- Strong written communication skills: every good plan starts with a great document. You can talk and write about complex ideas concisely to a wide audience and walk through decisions with teammates and collaborators. We work backwards, which means that we start product development by writing an FAQ.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity