Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by mapping the world in real-time. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The Maps SDK team builds the open source library that powers our mobile maps. Customers of our SDK include apps on Android and iOS, small and large. We work with devices of all shapes and forms, from the latest flagship phone to tablets, laptops, smartwatches, HMD, and embedded boards. Our developers build SDKs, apps, games and navigation experiences that top the App Store and Play Store rankings, and we are constantly working together to help them build what’s next, whether that’s an Augmented Reality game, a popular consumer app, or an autonomous driving experience.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement high-priority features
- Craft expressive and easy to use APIs for developers using our SDKs
- Dive deep into the underlying cross-platform implementations that power our frameworks
- Build and evolve our popular, open source Android SDKs
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- A focus on native technologies, such as Java and how APIs created in C++ bridge to Java using JNI.
- Experience with testing methodologies and frameworks like JUnit and Espresso
- Familiarity with or a desire to learn more about Kotlin, C++ and Vulkan is a plus
- Experience building SDKs in any language is a plus
- A passion for open source
- Desire to build frameworks and developer tools
- Passionate to earn and keep customer trust.
- Desire to learn and to teach
- Open-minded to explore new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms
What We Value
In addition to , which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the for applicants, which is linked . Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity