Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The Customer Success team at Mapbox builds long-term relationships with our top strategic users. We know our customers’ goals inside and out and work to advise them on Mapbox products while advocating for their needs internally. It’s our job to make sure customers are so impressed by Mapbox tools that they want to build more and tell all their friends!
What You’ll Do
- Build long-term relationships with top strategic users and directly drive Mapbox’s revenue growth by proactively identifying new products for up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Deeply understand your customer's business objectives and confidently articulate the strategic value Mapbox will deliver to help achieve their goals
- Solve complex user needs and be the project manager across product, sales, and engineering teams to advocate for your customers
- Shepherd customers through implementation and launch, ensuring that they’re launching on time, and on our latest tech. Simultaneously, work with internal engineering teams to prioritize customer requests and execute on implementation requirements
- Keep a pulse on happy users and turn them into early adopters of new features and champions of Mapbox. Conversely, watch for signs of unhappiness, develop a process and lead efforts to secure the renewal
- Stay close to the product teams so you can pitch our products to anyone, and always be connecting the dots with customers for what they can build next
- Prepare and execute on customer success plans
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Proven experience in a customer-facing role where you’ve worked with developers to help launch a technical product
- Excellent email, phone interpersonal and presentation skills; concise, actionable, and strategic communication style. Ability to adjust from internal to developer to C-level communications
- Ability to learn technical content and context quickly
- Devotion to systematization, repeatability, efficiency, and measurement
- Ability to track and execute upon the smallest details, while never losing sight of the big-picture priorities and goals
- Exceptional project management experience; large, multi-pronged projects that require cross-team coordination and communication
- Proven ability to juggle a variety of customer priorities (and reprioritize constantly) and work independently
- Empathy, grace, economy, and conviction when expressing ideas and feedback
What We Value
In addition to , which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity