What We Do
The Mobile Telemetry SDK team builds the open source library that powers the collection of anonymous data about the map and device location to continuously update and improve your map experience. Customers of our SDK include apps on Android, iOS, React Native, and Unity. We work with devices of all shapes and forms, from the latest flagship phone to tablets, laptops, smartwatches, HMD, and embedded boards. Our developers build apps, games and navigation experiences that top the App Store and Play Store rankings, and we are constantly working together to help them build what’s next, whether that’s an Augmented Reality game or an Autonomous Driving experience.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement mobile telemetry components and systems
- Craft expressive and easy to use APIs for developers using Mobile Telemetry SDK
- Collaborate closely with other teams across Mapbox to understand and build what is needed to enable delightful mobile developer experiences
- Build on-device performance measurement tools for continuous optimization of our data collection mechanism
- Own release and QA cycles of your code
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Software engineering skills and software fundamentals
- Knowledge of software design, systems and architecture
- Enthusiasm for building components and systems with reliability and long term support in mind
- Knowledge of core Java/Kotlin
- Experience building SDKs in any language is a plus
- Experience working with Location APIs (Android framework or Google Play Services) is a plus
- Experience with performance measurement tools specific to Android is a plus
- Open-minded to explore new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms
- Desire to learn and to teach
What We Value
In addition to , which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Who We Are
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by mapping the world in real-time. We are the developer platform for location.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the for applicants, which is linked . Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity