WHO WE ARE
Manychat is a leading Chat Marketing platform that helps businesses run marketing and make sales through chats on Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp. As a Meta Official Business Partner backed by top investors, including Bessemer Venture Partners, Manychat has over 110 teammates across three global offices in New York, Barcelona, and Yerevan.
Manychat helps more than one million businesses worldwide interact with billions of customers in real-time at scale. Whether the use case is generating leads, increasing engagement, providing 24/7 customer support, accepting payments, or anything in between, Manychat helps businesses get closer to their customers, improve their ROI, and grow faster.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're seeking a dynamic and experienced Head of Product Design who can lead our design team and shape the future of our product interface and user experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the design direction and strategy, enhancing the overall user experience, and managing a growing design team.
This role requires a visionary individual who can strategically align product design with our business objectives and customer needs. You'll have to be data-driven, results-oriented, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and customer-focused environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead Design Function: oversee our expanding design function, currently comprising 6-7 lead designers, each one supervising their respective product teams. Your responsibility includes managing both individual designers and lead designers’ clusters.
- Develop Design Vision: cultivate a comprehensive, long-term vision for the product's design, aligning it with our broader business and development strategies.
- Navigate Complexity: apply strategic thinking to handle the complexity and uncertainty of our multifaceted product. Your decision-making will shape the product's design direction and navigate us through evolving challenges.
- Actively Participate in Discovery: engage with users, immersing yourself in the product discovery process to truly influence product development.
- Collaborate with Product Leaders: work closely with product leaders as a trusted partner, understanding their challenges, assessing their satisfaction, and contributing actively to product strategy and roadmap planning and execution.
- Engage with Stakeholders: maintain strong lines of communication with stakeholders across the company, ensuring transparency, mutual understanding, and alignment on design decisions and directions.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Design Strategy: Develop and articulate a clear design strategy that aligns with the overall product vision and company goals.
- System Thinking: Possess a holistic approach towards design, considering the product as a unified system. Understand and work effectively across different system levels to ensure a cohesive user experience.
- Design Team Management: Hire, mentor, and manage a team of designers with the potential to double the team size within a year. Ensure they receive necessary guidance, support, and growth opportunities.
- Design Process and Workflow: Establish and optimize design processes and workflows, promoting efficiency, consistency, and quality across all design projects.
- UX: Drive the creation of exceptional user experiences by leading the design team in conducting user research, usability testing, and user journey mapping.
- UI: Oversee the creation of visually appealing and cohesive user interfaces that reflect our product's brand identity and adhere to industry design best practices.
- Copy Design: Oversee the tone of voice in the product copy, ensuring it reflects the brand's identity and resonates with our users. Understand that the copy is a part of the design and therefore needs to be carefully curated and managed.
- XFN Collaboration: Collaborate closely with product management, engineering, and other stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Design Research and Insights: Foster a data-informed design culture. Leverage user research, usability testing, and analytics to gather insights and validate design decisions.
- Stakeholder Management: Communicate design concepts, rationale, and solutions effectively to stakeholders, including product managers, executives, and customers. Engage closely with the CEO/Founder on design-related matters.
WHAT WE OFFER
We care about your growth, well-being, and comfort
- Professional development budget for relevant conference tickets, training programs, or courses.
- Flexible benefits plan to choose the perks that fit your needs.
- Health insurance, including dentistry, psychology sessions, nutrition consultations, surgery, and travel assistance.
- Hybrid work format.
Manychat is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
This commitment is also reflected through our candidate experience. If you have individual needs that may require an accommodation during the interview process, please indicate this in your application. We will do our best to provide assistance throughout your interview process to ensure you’re set up for success.