Mantle is a disruptive Series B, venture-backed technology company that is helping manufacturers bring millions of new products to life faster, cheaper, and more easily than ever before with its patented TrueShape™ metal 3D printing technology. By combining hardware, software, and materials, Mantle is creating a new category of metal additive manufacturing that is being rapidly adopted by major global OEMs. Mantle’s employees thrive in an environment where multiple fields of study come together to solve challenging and important problems. You will be joining a diverse, cross-functional team that is bringing to market the most advanced precision metal 3D printing technology designed for high volume production. Mantle is fundamentally changing how metal parts are made.
You will drive the electrical design and documentation of complex electro-mechanical systems to help Mantle bring its first metal 3D printer to market. You will design and prove electrical sensing and control systems of Mantle’s industrial printer, taking them from concept development to production release. You will work as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team of engineers to ensure the success of a highly integrated, high-precision industrial machine. Tasks include:
- Design and documentation of industrial electrical systems (e.g. control cabinet layout, system schematics, cable designs and drawings, power budgets, BOMs, etc).
- Conduct system level integration and validation of electrical assemblies.
- Driving the development of sensor systems, actuator controls, and electrical integrations by rapid prototyping of electro-mechanical systems.
- Manage the national and international (NFPA 70, NFPA 79, UL, CE) electrical and machine safety standards.
- Create documentation including, but not limited to design input requirements, specifications, testing protocols, installation, and service procedures.
- Create change orders and release processes.
- Author acceptance test and validation protocols and reports
- Engage in continuous improvement processes and redesign of existing electrical assemblies to support productization and manufacturing.
- Support and troubleshooting of existing systems by modifying them to improve product quality, increase throughput, and strengthen safety measures.
- A minimum of 8-10 years experience in design and development of industrial automation and control, you have shipped systems at scale.
- Demonstrable expertise in the selection, integration, and troubleshooting of PLC, servo and stepper motor drives, power supplies, I/O devices, sensors, vision systems.
- Expert level in 2D electrical CAD systems, AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks Electrical.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the design of industrial automation hardware systems to meet regulatory standards (NFPA, UL, CE). Working knowledge of UL850A a plus.
- Skilled in working with ECRs, ECOs and NPI processes. Arena PLM experience a plus.
Mantle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide complete benefits and competitive compensation that includes equity ownership. You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Mantle, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. Per Mantle’s current COVID policy, all employees are required to be vaccinated.