Who is MANTL?
MANTL is a fast-growing NYC-based FinTech SaaS company on a mission to build technology that will help America’s financial institutions and their communities thrive. Think Shopify or Squarespace, but purpose-built for community banks and credit unions. We are drastically changing the landscape through modern banking software that empowers banks and credit unions to grow digitally.
Our flagship product, Online Account Opening, has quickly become considered best in class in our industry, showing clear and material performance beyond any of our competitors. Suffice to say, our customers love MANTL.
Since launching our first product in 2017, we have built several new products, tripled our headcount, and become cash-flow positive.
Who makes up our team?
People are our most important asset and the number one reason we all love working at MANTL. As a team, we value accountability, transparency and collaboration. We have agile teams, with clear, outcomes-focused goals.
We’re a group of passionate technologists with backgrounds spanning across engineering, product, and design. We support an open and transparent culture that helps foster productive and engaging discussions. We want to work with inclusive people who understand the importance of treating their colleagues exceptionally well - people who will gladly go out of their way to help others with things big and small.
We are always a work in progress and love hearing feedback from our team.
Lead Site Reliability Engineer
This is a huge and exciting role for the right candidate. Ideally you are an ex-application programmer who moved to SRE/DevOps out of a love for automation and to satisfy your curiosity about computer systems. You will join and lead a team of passionate technologists dedicated to core SRE principles and building an exemplary technology organization. The ideal candidate has a hacker mentality, a respect for the security and compliance requirements of a SOC I/SOC II/PCI compliant organization, and a burning passion for engineering solid solutions that accelerate and scale the business.
Must Have Experience:
- Leading and mentoring small to medium sized teams
- Pair programming
- Code Review
- Aptitude for explaining and applying programming concepts
- A passion for building and maintaining developer tooling and platforms
- Capable of translating high level business requirements in to long term deliverables and roadmaps
- Generate finite requirements and delegate them to your team
- Ability to design, configure and deploy advanced networking topologies
- Including hybrid cloud to on-prem VPN and IPsec connections
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- VCS (Version Control Systems) such as git
- Industry standard security and regulatory controls (HIPAA, PCI, SOC I, SOC II)
- Application design, software development, and testing, preferably in an Agile environment
- Writing and maintaining Infrastructure as Code using tools like Terraform
- Containers and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Building and maintaining production CI/CD systems
- Designing and developing REST APIs for high volume clients
- Building and maintaining incident response, reporting, on-call rotations and monitoring
- Relational and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL, Couchbase, or Cassandra is a plus
- Some experience writing in Golang
- Even if you primarily write in another language a little experience is required, show us your side projects
Nice to Haves:
- Linux shell automation with bash or similar
- Experience managing production systems built on Google Cloud
- Experience with open source frameworks is a plus – especially maintaining or contributing to open source projects!
Our Tech Stack
- Google Cloud
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Google Cloud Storage
- Google Cloud Pub/Sub
- Google Cloud SQL (Postgres)
- Google Hybrid Networking (VPN/IPSec)
Joining MANTL means joining an ambitious and exceptional team that solves complex problems every day. We provide competitive salaries and generous benefits including fully covered medical, dental and vision plans, an immediately available 401k plan, unlimited vacation, stocked kitchen & weekly happy hours.