Who we are
MANTL is a NYC-based venture-backed enterprise FinTech platform serving the U.S. commercial and retail banking market. In short, our product suite offers modern tools and experiences for the customers and operators of the 10,000+ banks nationwide that are subject to crumbling legacy infrastructure.
Yup. We realize that in no way sounds sexy. But to our customers this is super sexy.
Why? Because we’re the only one in this industry who actually puts in the effort (more about that on our follow up call ;). But also because our digital products can do crazy things, like take a bank’s new customer conversion rate from single digits to over 70% (where are you at, e-commerce?!).
Since launching our first product in August of 2017, we’ve released several new follow-on products, tripled our engineering headcount, and have become cash-flow positive. In our year-and-a-half of business, we’ve never even advertised or marketed the company (only getting started on that this Spring). In our short time in the market, every close competitor of ours has either been acquired by a half-century old industry conglomerate or has failed to gain market relevance.
With a little luck and a lot of hard work we’ve been fortunate to find ourselves in a good spot. So, we’re looking for a Head of Talent to help us grow the team and build a recruiting machine to help us through the next phase of scaling. What say you? Interested?
What you’ll be doing
As the first member of the People team, you will be responsible for defining and executing our People strategy as we get ready for significant growth post Series A. You will join us at a particularly exciting time as we look to double in size over the next year. You will have the opportunity to craft the Talent and People Operations strategy as well as play a critical role in shaping our company's culture. You’ll be hands-on and get to shape and build processes from the ground up.
This is a huge opportunity to come in early and make a huge impact at a fast growing, well funded, FinTech startup. This position is extremely important to our overall growth strategy and will play a leadership role, reporting directly to the CEO.
You’ll be expected to:
- Define and execute our People Operations strategy in alignment with our company’s values, mission, and long-term vision
- Manage the full employee life-cycle, from onboarding to training, learning and development, promotions, org changes, etc.
- Lead the Talent Acquisition function to ensure we are identifying, hiring, and retaining the best possible talent
- Focus on Organizational Design and Culture to ensure we are continuously driving company wide engagement and sustained organizational health
- Create and lead the performance management process, as well as creating clear career paths and levels within departments
- Enhance employer branding
- Act as a Business Partner to department heads to identify and solve business and personnel related issues
- Implement the best methodologies, tools, systems and processes across our people and talent functions, while being data-driven and providing real time transparent analytics
- Collaborate and coach the executive leadership team and department heads on all people and culture matters
- Ensure we are building a healthy, diverse, and inclusive organization
- Handle Employee Relations related items
- Oversee PEO and make sure we are remaining competitive with our compensation and benefits package (benefits and payroll via Justworks)
- Actively emerge yourself in the start up community to position MANTL as a thought leader on people ops and help us attract the right talent.
- 7+ years experience in people operations, talent or a progressive HR role.
- Experience managing the full employee life-cycle and implementing people operations as well as progressive people strategies
- Proven ability leading and managing recruiting teams in all phases of recruitment cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Power user level proficiency in ATS (e.g. greenhouse, lever etc) and HR systems (e.g. JustWorks)
- Ability to manage competing requirements and intelligently prioritize
- Ability to problem solve and tap into the resources available efficiently
- Opinionated about how recruiting should be done and motivated to mold the process to your vision
Nice To Haves
- Track record of scaling a start-up's headcount during a high growth period
- Demonstrated experience with technical recruiting and working with engineering
- Experience building People and / or Talent functions at a start-up or enterprise software company
- FinTech and/or enterprise software experience