Who is MANTL?
MANTL is a fast growing NYC-based FinTech SaaS company helping banks and credit unions grow. Community banks and credit unions play an important role in the US economy and at MANTL we are passionate about preserving that. Our mission is to use technology to level the playing field in banking. We do that by creating banking software that empowers banks and credit unions to grow digitally.
Our flagship product, Online Account Opening, has quickly become considered best in class in our industry, showing clear and material performance beyond any of our competitors. We have agile teams, with clear, outcomes-focused goals. Suffice to say, our customers love us.
Since launching our first product in 2017, we have built several new products, tripled our headcount, and become cash-flow positive.
Who makes up our team?
We strongly believe people are our most important asset and the number one reason we all work at MANTL. As a team, we value accountability, transparency and collaboration.
We’re a group of passionate technologists with backgrounds spanning across engineering, product, and design. We support an open and transparent culture that helps foster interesting discussions. We want to work with inclusive people who understand the importance of treating their colleagues exceptionally well - people who will gladly go out of their way to help others with things big and small.
We are always a work in progress and love hearing feedback from our team.
Who You Are:
You love writing APIs that solve complex business problems and building slick user interfaces that make end user workflows simple and easy. You are a Node.js expert who knows SQL databases inside and out. You know what version of Node.js is currently LTS, and have strong opinions about the latest ECMAScript constructs, linting, testing, code organization, interface design, error messaging, logging and all the other building blocks of a great software. You also love to teach and lead other developers toward achieving a common goal.
- 6+ years professional fullstack web development experience
- 2+ years writing Node.js professionally
- 2+ years writing React.js professionally
- 1+ year working with Docker professionally
- Track record of success managing / mentoring small development teams (3-5 engineers)
- Professional experience working with SQL and database driven applications
- Working knowledge of best practices in web security (cryptographic protocols, SSL, and so on)
- Expert knowledge of git/GitHub
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Hungry to carve out a name for yourself
- Hacker mentality
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Express.js
- FinTech experience
- Experience working in an AGILE/SCRUM environment
- Experience working at a small start-up
Joining MANTL means joining an ambitious and exceptional team that solves complex problems every day. We provide competitive salaries and generous benefits including fully covered medical, dental and vision plans, an immediately available 401k plan, unlimited vacation, stocked kitchen & weekly happy hours.