Who we are
MANTL is a NYC-based venture-backed enterprise FinTech platform serving the U.S. commercial and retail banking market. In short, our product suite offers modern tools and experiences for the customers and operators of the 10,000+ banks nationwide that are subject to crumbling legacy infrastructure.
Yup. We realize that in no way sounds sexy. But listen, our customers think we’re super sexy.
Why? Because we’re the only one in this industry who actually put in the effort (more about that on our follow up call ;). But also because our digital products can do crazy things, like take a bank’s new customer conversion rate from single digits to over 70% (where you at, e-commerce?!).
Since launching our first product for white-labeled online bank account opening in August of 2017, we’ve released several new products, tripled our engineering headcount, and have become cash-flow positive. In our year-and-a-half of business, we’ve never even advertised or marketed the company (only getting started on that this Spring). In our short time in the market, every close competitor of ours has either been acquired by a half-century old industry conglomerate or has failed to gain market relevance.
Let’s just say, with a little luck and a lot of hard work we’ve been fortunate to find ourselves in a gooood spot. So, we’re looking for a Head of Talent to help us grow the team and build a recruiting machine to help us through the next phase of scaling. What say you? Interested?
What you’ll be doing
As the first member of the Talent team, you will be responsible for scaling our talent operations and strategy as we get ready for significant growth post Series A. Over the next year, we plan to double in size and grow our Engineering, Product, Design, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams. You will work closely with our three co-founders and all hiring managers to ensure we continue to bring in world class talent and build a culture of recruiting.
This is a huge opportunity to come in early and make a huge dent in a fast growing, well funded, FinTech startup. This position is extremely important to our overall growth strategy and will play a leadership role, reporting directly to the CEO.
You’ll be expected to:
- Own the full-cycle recruiting process, and implement recruiting best practices across the company
- Source and attract passive candidates for open jobs and build a consistent pipeline of talent
- Build and manage a structured interview process across hiring managers
- Partner with hiring managers to ensure they are successful in building out their teams with word class talent
- Build a culture of recruiting, empowering the current team to tap into their networks
- Champion diversity and inclusion as it relates to talent and ensure it’s built into the process
- Cultivate our employer brand and external strategy to attract top talent
- Ensure each potential candidate has an amazing experience during the recruitment process
- Own our Applicant Tracking System, and establish key performance indicators that show effectiveness of process
- Develop a consistent onboarding process for new hires
- Grow the talent function at the company and build a team of recruiters to ensure we’re meeting our growth goals
- 5+ years experience recruiting or talent acquisition, ideally with a technical recruiting component
- Proven ability leading and managing recruiting teams in all phases of recruitment cycle
- Deep understanding of recruiting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Power user level proficiency in ATS (e.g. greenhouse, lever etc)
- Ability to manage competing requirements and intelligently prioritize
- Ability to problem solve and tap into the resources available efficiently
- Opinionated about how recruiting should be done and motivated to mold the process to your vision
Nice To Haves
- Demonstrated experience with technical recruiting
- Track record of scaling a start-up's headcount during a high growth period
- Experience building Talent functions at a start-up or enterprise software company
- FinTech and/or enterprise software experience