Manifold Bio is a biotech company pursuing a pipeline of protein therapeutics using novel molecular measurement technologies and library-guided protein engineering. Our drug discovery engine is differentiated by massively parallel screening in vivo from the beginning of our discovery process. This unique platform is powered by a proprietary protein barcoding technology that allows multiplexed protein quantitation at unprecedented scale and sensitivity. We combine this and other high-throughput protein engineering approaches with computational design to create antibody-like drugs and other biologics. Our world-class team of protein engineers, biologists, and computational scientists are working together to aim the platform at therapeutic opportunities where precise targeting is the key to overcoming clinical challenges.
Manifold Bio is seeking an enthusiastic, highly creative neuroscience lead to expand our drug discovery efforts. You will work closely with the founders and R&D leadership to refine our neuroscience strategy and advance pipeline programs treating diseases of the CNS. The ideal candidate will have a strong scientific background and experience leading biologics programs in one or more CNS therapeutic areas (neurodegeneration, neuroinflammation, neuro-oncology, etc). This is a unique opportunity to work with world-class technologists innovating in cutting edge molecular biology and compute approaches to realize the potential of a novel protein engineering platform. You will lead early discovery projects that integrate our novel platform capabilities with both internal and external R&D resources. Together, we’ll continue to fundamentally change the current paradigm of drug development through the original vision of massively increasing the throughput of testing protein therapeutics.
- Guide company level neuroscience / CNS strategy
- Evaluate new project/target opportunities and propose POC experiments
- Leverage external resources and coordinate internal team members to lead projects from discovery to candidate selection
- Coordinate with protein engineering on binder discovery and/or evaluate in-licensing opportunities, considering tradeoffs among target presentation and relation to disease biology
- Design screening funnels that integrate our novel mDesign in vivo biologics design platform
- Analyze and interpret data to enable decision making
- Design development plans to early human PoC, including specifying DC nomination criteria
- Biology Ph.D. or equivalent experience
- Experience designing screening funnels leveraging both in vitro and in vivo assays with a focus on biologics ( 5-10 for Dir. level; 10+ for VP level)
- Previous experience as a team lead or co-lead in an industry setting
- Experience with hybrid drug discovery models blending external and internal R&D workflows
- Highly independent and proactive, excellent communication and cross-functional team coordination skills
- Experience with molecules that enhance BBB transcytosis (e.g. ‘shuttles’)
- Experience and interest in assay development (in vitro/ex vivo/in vivo)
- Experience with preclinical development and clinical trial planning
Why this might be a great role for you
- You are eager to solve the challenge of CNS delivery of biologics
- You love thinking about how to apply exciting new platforms
- You are excited about starting drug programs from the very beginning
- You want to join a small, agile, highly innovative team
We value different experiences and different ways of thinking and believe the most talented teams are built by bringing together people of diverse cultures, genders, and backgrounds.
Highly competitive additional benefits package across healthcare, paid time off, commuter benefits, and company-provided lunch every day.
We value different experiences and ways of thinking and believe the most talented teams are built by bringing together people of diverse cultures, genders, and backgrounds.