Manifold Bio is a biotech company pursuing a pipeline of protein therapeutics using novel molecular measurement technologies and library-guided protein engineering. Our drug discovery engine is differentiated by massively parallel screening in vivo from the beginning of our discovery process. This unique platform is powered by a proprietary protein barcoding technology that allows multiplexed protein quantitation at unprecedented scale and sensitivity. We combine this and other high-throughput protein engineering approaches with computational design to create antibody-like drugs and other biologics. Our world-class team of protein engineers, biologists, and computational scientists are working together to aim the platform at therapeutic opportunities where precise targeting is the key to overcoming clinical challenges.
Manifold Bio is seeking a Head of Finance to own our strategic financial management, maintain compliance and deliver accurate financial reporting for our 30-person team. Additionally, we are looking for someone who would be able to flex into other operational needs, including overseeing HR, hiring, and compliance. Additionally, this position would be dedicated to fostering growth, promoting fiscal responsibility, and providing valuable insights to support informed decision-making across Manifold Bio. We are on an ambitious mission to redefine therapeutics discovery, and this position affects the entire operations of our company, requiring thoughtful long-term vision and strategic planning. Working closely with the CEO and CSO, you will help Manifold Bio make the best possible decisions regarding financial runway, fund allocation, company growth and risk management. In addition to extensive experience in financial operations, the ideal candidate is highly collaborative and has deep empathy for scientists.
- Lead, manage, and scale the corporate and strategic finance functions (team, system implementation, and process development) through periods of rapid growth.
- Work closely with the CEO on all financial reporting, budgeting, financial analysis, risk management, and internal reporting to leadership and the Company’s Board of Directors.
- Balance leadership and management skills with a hands-on approach to financial reporting functions.
- Drive process improvement efforts in other operational areas
- Bachelors or Masters in Accounting, Finance, or a related technical field.
- 8+ years of experience in financial leadership positions at high-growth private companies, public companies, and/or in the investment banking, investing, and consulting industries.
- Proven ownership of financial reporting, processes, models, and key metrics in multi-faceted businesses.
- Independent and critical judgment within established systems to make recommendations that improve processes.
- Managerial and executive presence to persuade others to achieve excellence and to foster an environment of openness and teamwork.
- A genuine passion for science, developing medicines, and enabling teams.
- Collaborative, curious, and flexible with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Background/expertise in financial planning and owning a multi-million dollar budget
- Experience with financial planning for a biotech startup
Highly competitive additional benefits package across healthcare, paid time off, commuter benefits, and company-provided lunch every day.
We value different experiences and ways of thinking and believe the most talented teams are built by bringing together people of diverse cultures, genders, and backgrounds.