Manifold Bio is a biotech company pursuing a pipeline of protein therapeutics using novel molecular measurement technologies and library-guided protein engineering. Our drug discovery engine is differentiated by massively parallel screening in vivo from the beginning of our discovery process. This unique platform is powered by a proprietary protein barcoding technology that allows multiplexed protein quantitation at unprecedented scale and sensitivity. We combine this and other high-throughput protein engineering approaches with computational design to create antibody-like drugs and other biologics. Our world-class team of protein engineers, biologists, and computational scientists are working together to aim the platform at therapeutic opportunities where precise targeting is the key to overcoming clinical challenges.
We are seeking a highly-motivated research associate who thrives in a fast-paced and creative environment. Together with senior researchers, you’ll play a critical role building new protein engineering technologies that massively increase the throughput of testing protein therapeutic designs and disrupt the current paradigm of drug development. The ideal candidate has a broad range of molecular biology skills and is eager to learn more. In close collaboration with wet lab and computational teammates, you will help map the path to accomplishing project goals and then execute and optimize as needed to get there.
● Clone DNA libraries of synthetic proteins at megascale efficiency
● Execute and optimize NGS library preparation workflows
● Implement protein assays
● Define, document, and improve protocols
● Collect, organize, and analyze data to help make key decisions
● Assist in lab organization, including ordering supplies and restocking
● BS, MS or equivalent experience in biology, biological engineering or a related field
● 2+ years hands-on molecular biology wet lab experience, including PCR and cloning (design, bacterial transformation, culture, plating, and plasmid purification, next-generation DNA sequencing library preparation)
● Ability to document and maintain an organized account of lab work and results
● Collaborative, curious, flexible, and strong communication skills
Why you might be a good fit
- Experience with protein assays, e.g. production, purification, QC, Chromatography (Affinity, Size, Ionic etc) and detection (PAGE/ELISA/Blots), etc.
- Experience in advanced cloning techniques (Type IIS, Gateway, Gibson, etc.)
- Experience with next-generation DNA sequencing library preparation
- Experience with high-throughput screening assays and plate-based assays
- Experience with phage/yeast/mammalian display or similar
Highly competitive additional benefits package across healthcare, paid time off, commuter benefits, and company-provided lunch every day.
We value different experiences and ways of thinking and believe the most talented teams are built by bringing together people of diverse cultures, genders, and backgrounds.