Manifold Bio is a biotech company pursuing a pipeline of protein therapeutics using novel molecular measurement technologies and library-guided protein engineering. Our drug discovery engine is differentiated by massively parallel screening in vivo from the beginning of our discovery process. This unique platform is powered by a proprietary protein barcoding technology that allows multiplexed protein quantitation at unprecedented scale and sensitivity. We combine this and other high-throughput protein engineering approaches with computational design to create antibody-like drugs and other biologics. Our world-class team of protein engineers, biologists, and computational scientists are working together to aim the platform at therapeutic opportunities where precise targeting is the key to overcoming clinical challenges.
Manifold Bio is seeking an enthusiastic, highly creative protein biochemist to lead bioconjugation projects on the Platform Team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in biochemistry and a passion for driving technology development. This is a unique opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of molecular biologists, biochemists and computational biologists on a mission to create a differentiated multiplexed protein tracking technology. You will lead the development, validation and execution of both the current and future protein conjugation strategies. You will also work with the internal drug development team as well as collaborators to deploy Manifold’s proprietary protein barcoding technology for in vitro and in vivo drug development efforts. Together, we’ll continue to build a transformational company to realize our vision of fundamentally changing the current paradigm of drug development through massively increasing the throughput of testing of protein therapeutic designs.
- Independently design, troubleshoot and develop protein bioconjugation strategies
- Lead the preparation, characterization and functional testing of protein conjugates and ensure timely delivery of reagents to internal stakeholders and potential collaborators
- Contribute to the advancement of our multiplexed measurements technology
- Interface with internal antibody discovery efforts to facilitate multiplexed screening projects
- Maintain data integrity and effectively communicate findings orally and in writing to a multidisciplinary team
- Stay up to speed on cutting edge research and industry standards for protein therapeutics
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Bioengineering or similar;
- Demonstrated knowledge of various techniques and troubleshooting abilities related to protein labeling (site-specific, lysine, chemical and enzymatic, etc)
- Strong hands on expertise in molecular cloning, protein production, purification and modification
- Expertise with a range of analytical methods in protein biochemistry
- Proven track record of solving difficult scientific problems and a desire to learn and tackle new challenges
- Courageous, attention to details and data-driven, with a genuine passion for innovative science and developing medicines
- Experience with antibody constructs, single-domain antibodies, or similar
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience with structural biology
Why you might be a good fit
- Ability to work independently, as part of a wider team
- Interest in working with a multidisciplinary team and willingness to brainstorm in topics outside of your expertise
- Strong oral and written communication to facilitate complex experiments with multiple parties
Highly competitive additional benefits package across healthcare, paid time off, commuter benefits, and company-provided lunch every day.
We value different experiences and ways of thinking and believe the most talented teams are built by bringing together people of diverse cultures, genders, and backgrounds.