At Mango Health, our mission is to inspire anyone with a chronic condition to rethink how they manage their health each day. We do this by using our expertise in game design and mobile software development and by partnering with leading clinical organizations to trigger earlier, more effective patient interventions.
We understand that less is more and that well-written code is just about always worth the investment. We believe that we can be more effective by working in teams, collaborating on design, reviewing each other's code, and constantly pushing each other to get better and to improve our technology. We are also motivated by the difference we can make in the world, helping people lead healthier, happier lives. If these ideas ring true for you, we’d love to talk!
- Build and own APIs to support new features on iOS and Android
- Develop new architectural components as needed to support new data-driven, social, and health industry integrated product capabilities
- Work on cloud architecture (AWS)
- Perform operational tasks to support development, testing, and production systems
- Our stack: Python, Django, Celery, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Redis, Ubuntu, Chef
- Implement and own new transformations for inbound, internal, and outbound data pipelines
- Fix bugs, perform other maintenance activities, and take ownership over other backend engineering projects as they arise
- Develop frameworks for and provide mentorship to other engineers on the team to drive overall team success
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of devops/system administration experience
- Track record of building clean, maintainable, and scalable systems
- Understanding of systems and how data flows between them
- Strong data skills with SQL and/or No-SQL data stores
- Ability to communicate clearly with others, both verbally and in writing
- Naturally self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Qualities We’re Looking For
- You prefer working with small teams of top-notch engineers.
- You love to ship software frequently.
- You maintain a high standard for clean, readable, modular code.
- You insist on testing your code.
- You always think about the code you write in the context of how it improves the end-user experience.
- You have a strong sense of ownership (e.g. you see projects through to completion and stand behind the code you write).
- You handle ambiguity well. Our customers can't always describe what they want.
Note: Mango Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.