At Mango Health, our mission is to inspire anyone with a chronic condition to rethink how they manage their health each day. We do this by using expertise in game design and mobile software development and by partnering with leading clinical organizations to trigger earlier, more effective patient interventions.
We are committed to protecting our users’ privacy and our partners’ data. We believe that building and maintaining a secure infrastructure for our products goes beyond just complying with a set of rules: we are constantly working to proactively identify, prioritize, mitigate, and eliminate risks. We are also motivated by the difference we can make in the world, helping people lead healthier, happier lives. If these ideas ring true for you, we’d love to talk!
- Work with the Director of Security to plan, build, and run security operations
- Perform administrative tasks on our AWS infrastructure
- Stay current on up-and-coming services, tools, and techniques that can make things more reliable, efficient, and secure
- Manage end-to-end response to incidents, including investigating what happened, mitigating any risks, restoring function, and recommending and implementing improvements to prevent future incidents
- Continue to grow and mature the systems that support our products as our first dedicated systems engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience working with AWS or a comparable cloud service
- Familiarity with a modern programming language, such as Python or Ruby
- Strong grasp of Linux system administration
- Experience with configuration management and continuous integration systems, as well as other common DevOps tools
- Familiarity with operational security tools such as IDS/IPS, log aggregation, and vulnerability scanners
Qualities We’re Looking For
- You have a deep interest in security, even if you don’t have experience directly working in the field. You are curious about the evolving ways in which people both attack and defend systems.
- You are flexible and willing to help out where needed. You're excited by the idea of joining a small company where your impact will be immediate.
- You are eager to communicate cross-functionally, including with less technical team members. You realize that it’s important to understand how different teams use our systems.
- You are ready to learn: you are unfazed by the fact that we almost certainly have some technologies you haven’t used before (and we are adding more). We hope you can teach us something new, too!
Note: Mango Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.