Marketing Automation Manager
2020 affected the live entertainment industry considerably. In-person concerts will return, but they’ll be complemented with virtual experiences; creating new meaningful fan/artist interactions while providing artists with new revenue streams. Seamless, innovative digital experiences not only emulate, but also enhance the magic of live music. Tailored insights generated from rich data sources will completely change the way the live music industry operates. Mandolin is driving this industry change - bringing artists and fans together like never before.
We’re looking for a Marketing Automation Manager to assist in the execution of multi-channel campaigns at Mandolin! This role is a great opportunity for a mid-career marketer who has both the tactical chops to execute best-in-class marketing campaigns and is looking for an opportunity to flex their strategic muscle in relation to campaign planning. In this role, you’ll be responsible for acting as the internal expert on all things email, push and CRM marketing, advising the organization on how these channels can sell tickets, drive fan loyalty, fill the sales pipeline and achieve long-term growth.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Growth Marketing and embedded on a team of world class marketers, this role will work to improve the marketing and sales activities at all stages of the funnel for both fans and clients. Success in this role will be measured in site and landing page traffic, acquisition of qualified leads, and overall impact on product adoption and ticket sales.
The company is remote friendly for the following states: Indiana, Tennessee, California, Illinois, Missouri, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, New York, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, Utah, Florida, or Washington.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate closely with the show marketing team and our clients on delivery against and optimization of ticket sales initiatives
- Collaborate closely with the client marketing and sales teams on delivery against and optimization of lead generation campaigns
- Collaborate closely with the strategic partnerships team and our brand partners on delivery against and optimization of key brand partner programs
- Day-to-day management of campaigns including but not limited to building, deploying and measuring emails, CRM & data managements, scheduling push and social media notifications and channel reporting
- Continually evaluate and improve the effectiveness of campaigns
- Ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and tactics based on market or product developments
- Educate internal stakeholders on marketing automation capabilities in support of business goals
- Identify, gather and document customer and campaign requirements, ie. copy, images, videos, gifs, links, etc
- Work with internal teams and/or third-party resources to develop appropriate digital collateral (email templates, landing pages, etc.)
- Project manage creative asset development for campaigns to ensure on-time receipt of all deliverables
- Troubleshoot and test campaigns, workflows, data issues and other key marketing ops functions
- Recommend and implement campaign testing approaches to determine best plan of action including A/B testing and multivariate testing
- Stay informed of industry changes and apply them into actionable recommendations
- Other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Marketing Communications, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a cross-functional digital marketing environment
- Advanced knowledge of HTML / CSS a must
- Working knowledge of Bootstrap v4.0.0 or higher a must
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a must
- Experience with inbound marketing software (i.e. Pardot) and customer relationship management systems (i.e. Salesforce)
- Quantitative & qualitative market research and analysis understanding
- Exceptional data interpretation skills, with strong attention to detail, writing, visualizing and presenting data and insights
- Able to produce, process, and manipulate large sets of qualitative or quantitative data with attention to detail
- Sophisticated knowledge of CRM platforms and user behavior
- Strong organizational skills and ability to lead several tasks and projects simultaneously
- Consistent record of successfully measuring success and KPIs
- Ability to work independently while exercising fluid collaboration with fellow team members and external vendor partners
- Experience in the live entertainment is a must
Who you are:
You just get people and you care deeply about fans and the music industry. You understand the importance of building relationships and know that delivering what you commit to leaves a more lasting impression than talking the talk. You’re obsessed with keeping up to date on best-in-class CRM and Marketing Automation developments, share your expertise freely and are a fierce advocate for its potential to drive lasting brand and business results. You understand the technical nuances of your CRM platforms and are fueled by the desire to refine and communicate the capabilities of the platform.
In addition to platform expertise, you have a pulse on what’s culturally relevant in live entertainment and a proven track record of generating meaningful engagement in a thoughtful, brand-appropriate manner across email, push and customer loyalty programs. You consider yourself a rare hybrid of strategist, analyst and executor, with a keen sense for numbers and an unending curiosity that fuels iterative testing to improve process and engagement.
You thrive when managing multiple projects from vague terms to campaign recaps, working across teams and levels to get things done. You recognize that you won’t always have all the answers, but have confidence you’ll get to it with the help of your peers. Most of all, you’re not afraid to experiment and see failure as an opportunity to return to the mat, smarter than ever, for another go.
What we Value -
We are driven:
We believe in the power of music. We are inspired and motivated to imagine the future of how artists and fans connect through digital mediums. This belief instills a hustle in each of us to deliver incredible experiences for artists and fans and an urgency to capture this moment in time to change the industry forever.
We are good humans:
We earn the trust of artists and fans by operating in their best interests, both with our business practices and with technology that consistently delivers on its promise. We are a team that has each other’s backs through successes and challenges. We value honest and direct communication. We hold each other accountable, but aren’t interested in blame. We come to the table with conviction but commit, even when we disagree. We win as a team.
We adventure into the unknown:
We are on a great journey to chart a new path for live music, creating some of the most innovative products and services the industry has ever seen. We lead with possibility and aren’t swayed by fear. We say “yes...and…” We celebrate progress over perfection and place enormous value on each step forward.
We actively pursue diversity:
We believe in equality for all. We believe to move mountains, we need a diverse set of backgrounds and opinions. We are committed to building a Mandolin team that is representative of all. We foster an environment of acceptance and inclusion, an environment where our team is encouraged to bring their “whole selves” to work, where there is constant learning from each other and where everyone has a seat at the table.
Mandolin is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.