Software Development Manager
2020 affected the live entertainment industry considerably. In-person concerts will return, but they’ll be complemented with virtual experiences; creating new meaningful fan/artist interactions while providing artists with new revenue streams. Seamless, innovative digital experiences not only emulate, but also enhance the magic of live music. Tailored insights generated from rich data sources will completely change the way the live music industry operates. Mandolin is driving this industry change - bringing artists and fans together like never before.
Mandolin is looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to focus on creating and executing innovative product ideas with a relentless focus on the live steaming music experience. You will work with cross-functional teams to build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
The company is remote friendly for the following states: Indiana, Tennessee, California, Illinois, Missouri, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, New York, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, Utah, Florida, or Washington
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a world-class team – Hire, develop and manage a team of engineering experts to deliver on the vision of the company
- Build new user-facing features and evolve platform services and API frameworks
- Design, build, test, and deploy highly-scalable APIs
- Establish continuous deployment practices, including automated testing and continuous integration
- Leverage the latest cloud offerings from Amazon, producing scalable microservice architecture, and optimizing for user experience
- Leverage design patterns & best practices within new codebases
- Scope and refine ideas and roadmap items into actionable work
- Other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Be a self-starter who has strong experience creating structure and clarity in ambiguous spaces. You will have a direct impact on the success of the product and the company.
- BS in a Computer Science related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years professional experience in SaaS product engineering leadership
- Hands-on experience with multiple technologies within our tech stack: Node, React, AWS, REST APIs, data pipeline services
- Experience establishing continuous deployment practices, including automated testing and continuous integration
- Have experience in a fast-paced, test-driven, agile development environment and be excited for the opportunity to manage other developers added to the team
- Be able to wear the hat of Application Architect who recommends new technologies while accurately assessing the impact of changes to the overall solution
- Demonstrate team leadership that optimizes focus, engagement, motivation and productivity of a diverse group of software engineers and product managers
- Show exceptional communication, presentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Be ready to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
What we Value -
We are driven:
We believe in the power of music. We are inspired and motivated to imagine the future of how artists and fans connect through digital mediums. This belief instills a hustle in each of us to deliver incredible experiences for artists and fans and an urgency to capture this moment in time to change the industry forever.
We are good humans:
We earn the trust of artists and fans by operating in their best interests, both with our business practices and with technology that consistently delivers on its promise. We are a team that has each other’s backs through successes and challenges. We value honest and direct communication. We hold each other accountable, but aren’t interested in blame. We come to the table with conviction but commit, even when we disagree. We win as a team.
We adventure into the unknown:
We are on a great journey to chart a new path for live music, creating some of the most innovative products and services the industry has ever seen. We lead with possibility and aren’t swayed by fear. We say “yes...and…” We celebrate progress over perfection and place enormous value on each step forward.
We actively pursue diversity:
We believe in equality for all. We believe to move mountains, we need a diverse set of backgrounds and opinions. We are committed to building a Mandolin team that is representative of all. We foster an environment of acceptance and inclusion, an environment where our team is encouraged to bring their “whole selves” to work, where there is constant learning from each other and where everyone has a seat at the table.
Mandolin is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.