Data Engineer (All Levels)
The live entertainment industry experienced significant and lasting transformation in 2020. In-person concerts will eventually return, but we believe that virtual experiences are a mainstay that will create new meaningful fan/artist interactions while providing artists with new revenue streams. Tailored insights generated from rich data sources have the potential to completely change the way the live music industry operates. Seamless, innovative digital experiences can not only emulate, but also enhance the magic of live music. Mandolin is bringing artists and fans together like never before.
We are looking for experienced Data Engineers to help set the stage for how we gather, process, transform, and store data from a wide range of sources. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is comfortable wearing many hats. You should be an experienced data engineer and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
The company is remote friendly for the following states: Indiana, Tennessee, California, Illinois, Missouri, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, New York, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, Utah, Florida, or Washington
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the technical lead for a team of Data Engineers and Data Analysts. This is a new team you will be instrumental in building
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and infrastructure teams to architect, build, and scale data pipelines
- Work with stakeholders across the entire company to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Build infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Create data tools for analytics, product, and data engineering team members that assist in building and optimizing our platform
- Participate in on-call rotations and demonstrate proficiency to debug production issues and provide fixes
- Other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of SaaS software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming
- Experience with BI platforms (Looker a plus)
- Experience working with relational databases and cloud data warehouse (Postgres and Snowflake a plus)
- Experience with ETL paradigms
- Experience with batch processing, and streaming and micro-batch data architectures
- Experience in one or more areas of our tech stack (Typescript, React, Python, AWS technologies, REST APIs, and relational databases)
- Data science, data analysis, statistics, or machine learning experience are a plus
- Enthusiasm for the fast pace of a growing, changing startup environment
- Ability to remain highly engaged and motivated while working with distributed, largely remote, teams
What we Value -
We are driven:
We believe in the power of music. We are inspired and motivated to imagine the future of how artists and fans connect through digital mediums. This belief instills a hustle in each of us to deliver incredible experiences for artists and fans and an urgency to capture this moment in time to change the industry forever.
We are good humans:
We earn the trust of artists and fans by operating in their best interests, both with our business practices and with technology that consistently delivers on its promise. We are a team that has each other’s backs through successes and challenges. We value honest and direct communication. We hold each other accountable, but aren’t interested in blame. We come to the table with conviction but commit, even when we disagree. We win as a team.
We adventure into the unknown:
We are on a great journey to chart a new path for live music, creating some of the most innovative products and services the industry has ever seen. We lead with possibility and aren’t swayed by fear. We say “yes...and…” We celebrate progress over perfection and place enormous value on each step forward.
We actively pursue diversity:
We believe in equality for all. We believe to move mountains, we need a diverse set of backgrounds and opinions. We are committed to building a Mandolin team that is representative of all. We foster an environment of acceptance and inclusion, an environment where our team is encouraged to bring their “whole selves” to work, where there is constant learning from each other and where everyone has a seat at the table.
Mandolin is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.