The live entertainment industry experienced significant and lasting transformation in 2020. In-person concerts will eventually return, but we believe that virtual experiences are a mainstay that will create new meaningful fan/artist interactions while providing artists with new revenue streams. Tailored insights generated from rich data sources have the potential to completely change the way the live music industry operates. Seamless, innovative digital experiences can not only emulate, but also enhance the magic of live music. Mandolin is bringing artists and fans together like never before.
Mandolin is looking for a Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst gathers and interprets financial data, reconciliation and reporting of financial data, formulating reports and recommendations to facilitate decision making. This position will help facilitate forecasting, planning and reporting for the organization. This role is both analytical and tactical in nature. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience in accounting and/or finance, a great attitude and enthusiasm to meet goals in a fast-paced and high-growth organization. Strong ability to apply accounting principles to basic tasks and take responsibility for working with our internal team, compiling financial information, preparing reports, and handling other accounting/analyst functions. The analyst will be capable of completing ad hoc projects with minimal supervision and love doing so!
The company is remote friendly for the following states: Indiana, Tennessee, California, Illinois, Missouri, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, New York, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, Utah, Florida, or Washington
What You’ll Do:
- Develops automated reporting and forecasting tools for more efficient use of data.
- Maintain and update financial models based on analyses to support organizational decision making.
- Produce monthly reports, which include key performance metrics (KPIs), financial results, and variance reporting for organizational leaders.
- Drive operational improvements across Finance and other stakeholders at Mandolin with actionable results, reporting findings to leadership and improving forecasting and model accuracy.
- Collaborate and partner with multiple departments across the company.
- Analyzes industry trends and makes recommendations based on those trends.
- Analyze financial data and provide forecasting support.
- Prepare reports and projections based on financial data.
- Develop/maintain reconciliation and reporting process for artist settlements.
- Consolidating and analyzing financial data, taking into account company’s goals and financial standing.
- Providing creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Assembling and summarizing data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks.
- Provide analytical, forecasting, reporting, and project support to senior management.
- Spearhead the annual and quarterly budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Support monthly closing of financial key measurements.
- Support any ad hoc requests by internal management and external customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design, and procedural methods used in big data analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Solid experience in accounting, strategic finance, and/or auditing
- Analytical experience with statistical analysis and financial forecasting
- Advanced experience in Google sheets/docs, Excel, databases, and financial software applications
- Experience with QuickBooks is preferred.
- Ability to compile financial information from various sources and assist in the preparation of reports
- Capacity to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical reporting
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
What we Value -
We are driven:
We believe in the power of music. We are inspired and motivated to imagine the future of how artists and fans connect through digital mediums. This belief instills a hustle in each of us to deliver incredible experiences for artists and fans and an urgency to capture this moment in time to change the industry forever.
We are good humans:
We earn the trust of artists and fans by operating in their best interests, both with our business practices and with technology that consistently delivers on its promise. We are a team that has each other’s backs through successes and challenges. We value honest and direct communication. We hold each other accountable, but aren’t interested in blame. We come to the table with conviction but commit, even when we disagree. We win as a team.
We adventure into the unknown:
We are on a great journey to chart a new path for live music, creating some of the most innovative products and services the industry has ever seen. We lead with possibility and aren’t swayed by fear. We say “yes...and…” We celebrate progress over perfection and place enormous value on each step forward.
We actively pursue diversity:
We believe in equality for all. We believe to move mountains, we need a diverse set of backgrounds and opinions. We are committed to building a Mandolin team that is representative of all. We foster an environment of acceptance and inclusion, an environment where our team is encouraged to bring their “whole selves” to work, where there is constant learning from each other and where everyone has a seat at the table.
Mandolin is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.