Interested in a high-growth software-as-a-service (SaaS) business where an entrepreneurial spirit is key? Mandolin’s (www.mandolin.com) SaaS is bringing live music back to the stage. It’s simple to use, and our fans, artists, and venues love it.
If you get a kick out of asking questions, listening, and helping people, we’re looking for a Sales Development Rep (SDR) with at least one year experience in SaaS - music experience (in any capacity) is a bonus.
In this role, you will be the first interaction new prospects have with Mandolin (prospects include, artists, artist management companies, booking agencies, venues, and promoters). Ultimately, the SDR is responsible for presenting high-quality opportunities to the Sales team, and you will own prospecting, lead qualification, and scheduling of initial meetings. Mandolin is growing rapidly, and successful SDR’s will have opportunities to move into sales or other roles quickly!
What You’ll Do
- Prospecting: Responsible for owning prospecting activities (inbound and outbound) and for scheduling the initial demo. You’ll identify qualified prospects, contact them (email, calls) and manage activities via HubSpot.
- Learning: You will work with the sales team in the Demo-through-close and post-sales process. This includes attending the demo, learning, and helping sales with the Demo to close process.
- Inbound: You will also work with Marketing to help execute campaigns and to follow up on inbound leads generated from those campaigns.
- Improving: We need leaders in every role, and we’ll need your help in improving the SDR process and role. You will help us identify new trends and opportunities.
- Achieving: You will help set and measure your weekly, monthly, and quarterly activity targets and goals.
What You’ll Need
- 1+ year experience in SaaS, ideally in a Sales Development or other Sales role.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a Business / Sales / Marketing Major.
- Ability to quickly learn technology and the music industry and to speak with confidence about Mandolin.
- A knack for getting to the “right people” and creating relationships with decision-makers.
- Self-starter…you’re the kind of person that sees an opportunity and tackles it!
- You love people. You love helping, and you have awesome communication skills.
A Bit About Mandolin
Overnight the music industry was brought to its knees. We’re helping artists and venues bring music back to fans. We’re growing fast… really fast. And we’re looking for smart, creative SDRs with a lot of hustle. Our sales development program has been tested and validated - now we’re looking to scale.
We have +25 free-thinkers working in a highly innovative and collaborative entrepreneurial environment. Our office is at the brand new Bottleworks building (on Mass Ave) downtown Indianapolis, and you’ll see our investors and friends from High Alpha (www.highalpha.com) are in the office daily.
We’re looking for leaders and we’ll need your help to get our growing team going in the right direction as well. We expect exponential growth. It’s a scrappy team that digs in wherever needed to help each other and our customers. It’s rare that two days are the same!
Mandolin is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.