About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies create a better workplace experience for their teams by providing the first software built specifically for office professionals, support from dedicated workplace experts, and access to vetted commercial service providers.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
As an Engineering Manager at Managed by Q, you’ll work closely with product managers, designers and business stakeholders to guide a team of outstanding engineers toward solving problems that are critical to our growth — these may include customer, partner, and operator experience, operational logistics, and technical infrastructure. As a key leader on our team, you’ll play a crucial role in maintaining and evolving Q’s engineering culture and coaching individuals to achieve their very best. This is a team leadership position. The role will initially involve some coding and always maintain a deep connection to the technical direction and decisions of your team.
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years experience building software or web applications
- Ability to establish technical credibility with amazing engineers quickly
- Proven experience managing technical teams and delivering on ambitious goals
- Deep knowledge of engineering processes, their underlying principles, and their tradeoffs
- Track record of delivering projects and collaborating with leaders across the organization: including Engineering, Product, Design, and Operations
- Expertise and passion for developing others through regular coaching and mentoring, 1:1s, and performance reviews
- Strong communication skills - having the ability to understand and explain technical issues to non-technical team members.
Perks & Benefits
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.