As a Customer Experience Specialist in our New York City Headquarters, you’re an ambassador for the MakeSpace brand. You’re comfortable thinking on your feet and feel a genuine sense of pride when helping people and solving challenging problems. You need to be customer and business focused, and quick-thinking to coordinate daily operations across our evolving service offerings and multi-city locations. You are challenged to think smarter, faster, strategically, and more efficiently to help build a world-class customer experience. This requires a unique kind of versatility and talent - a multi-tasking creative thinker who has an eye for identifying the root cause of a problem, suggesting actionable solutions, and coordinating across multiple channels to get the job done.
You’ll be helping to develop long-term solutions to daily challenges such as: working with our Operations team to accommodate customer requests and incorporating customer feedback into ongoing product and operational improvements. Your job is critical in learning how MakeSpace can better meet our customers’ needs, communicating those learnings internally, and evolving as those needs change.
We need an exceptional daily contributor - someone who is willing to dive in and make every opportunity count with our customers. Someone who’s capable of staying business-focused and able to step outside themselves to proactively work with product, marketing, and operations to meet larger company goals and pilot new initiatives on short notice.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide amazing (above and beyond) service across multiple channels, while bringing joy to the traditionally painful and annoying storage process.
- Own the customer experience by following up with customers on their experience with MakeSpace.
- Work closely with Operations to support our expanding customer base.
- Capture and relay relevant customer feedback and insights to internal teams such as operations, tech, marketing, and product in order to constantly improve the customer experience.
- Maintain an expert-level knowledge of our ever-evolving product, service offering and internal systems.
- Basic data entry and reporting as needed.
- Earning or completed 4-year degree.
- Previous customer service experience is strongly preferred.
- Impeccable interpersonal skills - you are friendly, compassionate, a good listener, and can relate to anyone.
- Amazing written and verbal skills - you’re able to articulate yourself in a clear and concise manner, even during escalated interactions.
- You're empathetic, able to feel the emotions of others and diffuse tough situations.
- Excellent time management skills, strong organizational and critical thinking skills are a must. You’ll be juggling multiple platforms and issues, often under tight timeframes.
- You have a strong attention to detail. People are entrusting us with their belongings, after all. You can't let anything fall through the cracks and must always be working for the customer's best interest.
- You adapt to change in a fast-paced environment and embrace new challenges with a “can-do” spirit.
- You’re a team player who works well with a wide range of personalities and is ready to make a strong contribution in a tight-knit team environment.
- You approach work with a fearless attitude: customers will come to you with problems and it's your job to solve them quickly and work with the folks who will help you get this done.
- You’re flexible with working hours as your schedule will be based on business needs and will include weekends and evenings.
What you’ll get:
- Strong compensation package that includes base salary and stock options.
- Catered lunches two days a week.
- Team happy hours, company events, and social clubs (WineSpace, Run Club, and Magic: the Gathering to name a few)
- Access to some groovy perks programs for things like gym membership and movie discounts
- The chance to join a fun, dynamic culture that encourages rapid professional growth
- Robust Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Generous PTO plan
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.