MakeSpace is a venture-backed startup redefining the storage offering. The $40B storage industry is ripe for change: antiquated business practices and a bad customer experience. MakeSpace is quickly overtaking the category with rapid growth in New York, Chicago, DC and Los Angeles. Our business provides truly customer-centric offering and fair pricing, powered by advanced technology and modern business practices. With this exceptional consumer product and strong business framework, we have massive opportunity to scale and grow.
As a Customer Support Specialist in our New York City Headquarters, you’re an ambassador for the MakeSpace brand. You’re comfortable thinking on your feet, and feel a genuine sense of pride when helping people and solving challenging problems.Your job is critical in learning how MakeSpace can better meet our customers’ needs, communicating those learnings internally, and evolving as those needs change.
As a MakeSpace Customer Support Specialist, we need an exceptional daily contributor - someone who is willing to dive in and make every opportunity count with our customers. Someone who’s capable of staying business-focused and able to step outside themselves to proactively work with product, marketing, and operations to meet larger company goals and pilot new initiatives on short notice.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide amazing (above and beyond) service across multiple channels, while bringing joy to the traditionally painful and annoying storage process.
- Own the customer experience by following up with customers on their experience with MakeSpace.
- Work closely with Operations to support our expanding customer base.
- Capture and relay relevant customer feedback and insights to internal teams such as operations, tech, marketing, and product in order to constantly improve the customer experience.
- Maintain an expert-level knowledge of our ever-evolving product, service offering and internal systems.
- Basic data entry and reporting as needed.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- A previous customer service experience in retail or hospitality is strongly preferred
- Impeccable interpersonal skills - you are friendly, compassionate, a good listener, and can relate to anyone.
- Amazing written and verbal skills - you’re able to articulate yourself in a clear and concise manner, even during escalated interactions.
- You're empathetic, able to feel the emotions of others and diffuse tough situations.
- Excellent time management skills, strong organizational and critical thinking skills are a must. You’ll be juggling multiple platforms and issues, often under tight timeframes.
- You have a strong attention to detail. People are entrusting us with their belongings, after all. You can't let anything fall through the cracks and must always be working for the customer's best interest.
- You adapt to change in a fast-paced environment and embrace new challenges with a “can-do” spirit.
- You’re a team player who works well with a wide range of personalities and is ready to make a strong contribution in a tight-knit team environment.
- You approach work with a fearless attitude: customers will come to you with problems and it's your job to solve them quickly and work with the folks who will help you get this done.
- You’re flexible with working hours as your schedule will be based on business needs and will include weekends and evenings.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive base salary
- Catered lunches two days a week.
- Team happy hours, company events, and social clubs (WineSpace, Run Club, and Magic: the Gathering to name a few)
- The chance to join a fun, dynamic culture that encourages rapid professional growth
- Robust Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Generous PTO plan
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.