MakeSpace is a full-service storage startup that picks up, stores, and delivers your stuff so you never have to visit a storage unit. We’re working hard to transform the archaic $30 billion self-storage industry. Which, as you know, would not be possible without efficiently acquiring customers and ensuring their happiness. So, we’re seeking a Director of Customer Acquisition to help us more efficiently acquire customers, test new channels, and scale the efforts that work.
Based in our NYC headquarters, you will build our customer acquisition team, lead our performance marketing efforts, optimize our conversion funnels, and develop new ways for MakeSpace to acquire customers as efficiently as humanely (and computerly) possible.
If you’re an experienced customer acquisition leader with the amazing results to prove it, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Build, lead, and grow our customer acquisition team.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to optimize our acquisition funnels and integrate new acquisition tracking tools.
- Improve our existing performance marketing channels.
- Oversee and manage existing direct response channels, develop and test new channels, and scale the ones that deliver significant ROI.
- Collaborate with marketing teammates to maintain a consistent brand voice and message across all channels.
- Provide forecast guidance and direct key marketing analysis.
- Communicate acquisition results and priorities across the organization.
- You've completed a four-year BA or BS degree.
- You’re a highly proficient acquisition marketer with deep experience across multiple channels, including Facebook, SEM, and content. Programmatic and direct mail experience is a plus.
- You plan and direct longer term marketing strategy against goals and budgets.
- You’re highly competent with web analytics tools and Excel. Experience with SQL and Looker are a big plus.
- You’re comfortable directing analysis around pay back and attribution, and you’re capable of running some on your own.
- You have experience with A/B and multivariate testing.
- You’re an effective communicator of marketing strategy and outcomes
- You’re comfortable reporting and presenting marketing results to various company stakeholders.
- You’re able to solve complex problems without getting deterred by failure.
- You test new strategies and campaigns relentlessly
- You’re extremely organized, and you can serve as your own project manager on even the most nuanced and multi-staged marketing efforts.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive base salary & stock options
- Catered lunches Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (nom, nom nom)
- Team happy hours, events, and social clubs (volleyball, run club, and magic the gathering to name a few)
- Access to some groovy perks programs for things like gym membership and movie discounts
- In-depth training for a career in sales at an industry-leading, mission-driven company
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.