Head of Growth Marketing
MakeSpace is looking for a Head of Growth Marketing to help us continue monumental customer growth for an industry-disrupting market leader. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience and full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
We’re looking for a multi-faceted Growth Marketing Lead to join our Marketing Team. Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, you will play a lead role in shaping and implementing the growth marketing strategy to drive new customer acquisition while obsessing over the metrics and delivering measurable results. You will focus on scaling our business through continued evolution and improvement of our paid marketing efforts. You should have hands-on experience developing, planning, launching and analyzing customer acquisition programs to drive sustainable and efficient CAC at scale.
You can expect to:
- Manage or help manage the Growth Marketing team with direct responsibility for performance marketing on paid search, paid social, SEO, affiliate, television, YouTube, direct mail, podcast, and other media channels.
- Oversee performance tracking and calibration on a daily basis to drive decision making around budget allocations and forecasts.
- Manage budgeting process for Growth marketing, including forecasting and ROI assessments.
- Support scaling existing channels and identify development of new opportunities for growth.
- Report on and analyze campaign performance to drive continuous improvement and testing.
- Partner with creative and brand marketing team members to develop strong messaging and storytelling for direct response ads.
- Serve as a senior Growth partner, collaborating with team members across Product, Finance, Strategy, Analytics, Brand Marketing, etc.
- Collaborate with the entire Marketing team to devise strategies on customer engagement and communication plans for promoting brand expansion projects.
- Help hire, coach, inspire and motivate any new acquisition team members to build a best-in-class marketing team.
- Establish and manage day in and day out testing-and-learning plans to continuously optimize media investment.
- Lead weekly, monthly and quarterly internal meetings; possess senior-level communication skills including synthesizing insights, calibrating to the correct audience, leading a room, steering a difficult conversation, and picking up on and adapting to sentiment.
- Keep up to date with and propose new acquisition channels, tools, and tactics.
- Provide regular updates on performance metrics and highlights to SVP of Marketing and others as required.
- Minimum of 8-10+ years of multi-channel direct response acquisition marketing experience, primarily at an e-commerce, subscription company, or similar agency experience directly managing a significant marketing budget.
- Experience managing but not limited to Facebook Ads, Google AdWords, Linear/OTT Television, Direct Mail, Podcast.
- Experience with attribution and mixed media models.
- Past success with analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions and adjusting strategy accordingly.
- Detailed-oriented, while maintaining the ability to see the overall picture and challenge the traditional path.
- Proven ability to work independently, juggle multiple priorities and complete responsibilities in a fast paced, change oriented environment.
- Goal-driven and passionate about exceeding goals.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to get your point across in a succinct and professional manner.
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems and are able to see other points of view, while maintaining a confident direction. Willing to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to get the job done.
- Ability to think strategically across the short, medium and long term, while obsessing over the details, and a love of investigating evolving media trends and technology to serve your brand.
- Thoughtful, collaborative leadership with strong communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- Highly data driven; affinity for driving testing strategies - ie., funnel analysis, AB/multivariate testing.
- Excellent managerial and mentoring skills, and a desire to develop and coach your direct reports.
- An interest in finding cross-functional solutions to drive positive customer experiences.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college/university.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future; ability to travel as necessary.
- A competitive base salary
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Team happy hours, events, and social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your close
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us know—and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.