MakeSpace is looking for a Copy Lead to help revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. With our full-service experience, forward-thinking tech, and easy-to-use app, we’re making space more accessible to everyone. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 24 cities across North America (and counting).
We’re looking for a talented Copy Lead to join the Brand Marketing team. Reporting to the VP of Brand, you’ll be responsible for developing the voice and copy that drives new customer acquisition across marketing, increases retention and reactivation across customer experience, and elevates the brand through bold brand building. This role is based in our HQ in New York’s Financial District.
- Concept, create and syndicate copy to drive customer acquisition across... Digital: Facebook/Instagram, Landing pages, display, content marketing;
Print: Direct Mail, Print, Sampling cards, OOH
Audio: Radio, Podcast, and sales team scripts
- Develop the content to drive retention and brand advocacy across the customer experience
- Contribute to and manage editorial calendar
- Support internal and external comms initiatives to position ourselves as an innovative and rapidly-growing brand
- Continually look for opportunities to optimize our value props and product messaging based on thorough understanding of consumer needs and cultural currents
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop copy across all touchpoints including sales and CS scripts, digital experiences, internal comms and more
- 5+ years of experience in copy and content at startups, agencies, or highly relevant equivalent
- Experienced brand and marketing copywriter, with expertise in crafting entertaining and effective emails, blog posts, social media content, and even the occasional TV spot or billboard
- Understanding of how to work with brand voice and brand guidelines, and able to adapt to different needs and different tones.
- Conceptual thinking skills a must, will partner with art director and wider team to create concepts and executions from scratch
- Knowledge of platforms and best practices for communicating in each
- Ability to break down complex and unfamiliar services into clear explanations
- A competitive base salary
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch on Wednesdays, unlimited snacks, beer on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, and social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your closet
- Beautiful office in Lower Manhattan with massive outdoor spaces for lunch, work, and play :)
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us know—and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.