CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
MakeSpace is looking for a Customer Support Specialist to help revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. With our full-service experience, forward-thinking tech, and easy-to-use app, we’re making space more accessible to everyone. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 24 cities across North America (and counting).
We’re looking for a talented Customer Support Specialist to join the Customer Support team. Reporting to the Customer Support Manager, you’ll be an ambassador for the MakeSpace brand towards our customers. This role is based in our HQ in New York’s Financial District. This is a 4 months contract.
- Provide amazing (above and beyond) service across multiple channels, while bringing joy to the traditionally painful and annoying storage process.
- Own the customer experience by following up with customers on their experience with MakeSpace.
- Work closely with Operations to support our expanding customer base.
- Capture and relay relevant customer feedback and insights to internal teams such as operations, tech, marketing, and product in order to constantly improve the customer experience.
- Maintain an expert-level knowledge of our ever-evolving product, service offering and internal systems.
- Basic data entry and reporting as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- A previous customer service experience in retail or hospitality is strongly preferred
- Impeccable interpersonal skills - you are friendly, compassionate, a good listener, and can relate to anyone.
- Amazing written and verbal skills - you’re able to articulate yourself in a clear and concise manner, even during escalated interactions.
- You're empathetic, able to feel the emotions of others and diffuse tough situations.
- Excellent time management skills, strong organizational and critical thinking skills are a must. You’ll be juggling multiple platforms and issues, often under tight timeframes.
- You have a strong attention to detail. People are entrusting us with their belongings, after all. You can't let anything fall through the cracks and must always be working for the customer's best interest.
- You’re flexible with working hours as your schedule will be based on business needs and will include weekends and evenings.
- A competitive hourly base salary
- Catered lunch on Wednesdays, unlimited snacks, beer on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, and social clubs
- Beautiful office in Lower Manhattan with massive outdoor spaces for lunch, work, and play :)
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us know—and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.