MakeSpace is the technology solution for physical storage. We are changing the way people think about their belongings, and saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. We are taking on the $40B storage industry. We've grown to 90+ employees with a product and engineering team of 18 people. We're backed by top-tier VCs and a joint venture with Iron Mountain, a publicly traded leader in ops and logistics.
- Build performant and maintainable React-based user interfaces for current and future customers.
- Work on growth and acquisition—the pre-conversion parts of the funnel. You'll collaborate with our product, design, and marketing teams to figure out how we can use the web to answer users' questions, tell them about MakeSpace, and get them to sign up.
- Write, test, document, and deploy code that ensures the integrity of our operations and user experience.
- Experience using React or other modern front-end frameworks to build component-based user interfaces
- 2+ years of professional engineering experience, with some full-stack experience
- Thoughtful about UI/UX and skilled at communicating those thoughts in a positive, collaborative way
- Thorough HTML5 and CSS3 knowledge
- Experience with Python (especially Django), MySQL, and/or Docker/Ansible is a plus
- A passion for collaboration, and a desire to learn, teach, and grow beyond the current edges of your skills
- Aspirations to use technology to positively transform the physical world
- Competitive salary
- Open, collaborative, and flexible work environment
- Highly-encouraged vacation time
- Excellent health insurance plans with an FSA option
- WageWorks Commuter Benefits
- Modern, spacious office with massive outdoor patios 200 feet above the streets of Manhattan’s Financial District
- Catered lunches every Wednesday, snacks and fruit, and an endless supply of Toby's Estate Coffee
- Buy or build your ideal workstation, with the option for a motorized standing desk
- Regular happy hours and quarterly team outings
- Focus on efficient, balanced workdays with flexible work-from-home policies and one of the most competitive paid parental leave programs in NY startups
If you want to join a startup that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day then please APPLY.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.