A new kind of storage company, MakeSpace is taking the struggle out of storage—and reinventing an antiquated industry in the process. We’ve designed a hassle-free experience that allows people to store and retrieve their belongings on-demand, so they can skip the whole schlep-to-a-storage-unit thing. We pick up your stuff, haul it to storage, and deliver it back when you need it. Simple as that.
To support this seamless experience, we built the industry’s first fully integrated system, from back-end routing to warehouse logistics, and a consumer app complete with a digital photo inventory of stored items. Our superior operations, tech, and talent enable us to be infinitely more convenient, affordable, and user-friendly than traditional self-storage. In just over 6 years, we’ve become a top-5 consumer-rated storage company in NYC, and expanded to 24 major cities in North America.
Join us as we disrupt a $38 billion industry, and change the way people think about storage (and the stuff they store).
As MakeSpace’s Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for connecting the product and engineering team with the rest of the company, being a master at creating and fixing processes while maintaining constant communication between other team leaders and our product team. You will bring some magic on tactical issues that need addressing immediately for the delight of everyone, instead of relying on product or engineering roadmap.
How you deliver:
- You’re an expert with Excel or Google Spreadsheets. SQL and Looker experience are a big plus
- You schedule and plan issue-resolution meetings from the warehouse floor to the executive level
- You help compile and report on team performance metrics throughout the development process and product metrics throughout the product life-cycle
- You categorize recurring issues reported day to day by other teams to build processes that remove roadblocks and improving overall customer NPS
- You coordinate training for field operations, sales, and customer support
- You suggest top opportunities in IT process, from the most sensitive or time-consuming requests every day by automating and documenting technology processes
- You create impactful automations with Zapier or rollout new process flows with email, Slack, and GSuite
- You add a sense of humor and excitement for collaboration in person, over email, and on Slack
- You aspire to use technology to positively transform the physical world
- You have a willingness to learn, teach, and grow beyond the current edges of your skills
How we deliver:
- Competitive salary
- Open, collaborative, and flexible work environment
- Highly-encouraged vacation time
- Excellent health insurance plans with the options for FSA, HSA, and much more
- Meetingless Thursdays and Quarterly Hack Weeks
- WageWorks Commuter Benefits
- Modern, spacious office with outdoor patios 200 feet above the streets of Manhattan’s Financial District
- Catered lunches every Wednesday snacks and fruit, and an endless amount of Toby's Estate Coffee
- Awesome happy hours and team outings
- Focus on efficient, balanced workdays with flexible work-from-home policies and one of the most competitive paid parental leave programs in NY startups
If you want to join a startup that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day then please APPLY.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.