Content Brand Manager
MakeSpace is a rapidly growing tech startup based in NYC that provides a convenient way for consumers to store their things. We are reinventing the $34B storage industry by finally putting the customer first, and giving them a simple and easy way to get their things into and out of storage, without lifting a finger.
Who we are:
Our talented Marketing team is made up of sales, marketing and brand folks from a diverse set of backgrounds. What we have in common is that we are smart, hardworking, analytical, as well as creative, fun-loving, and collaborative. We like to laugh together, and we like to drive sales, but moreover we trust one another’s judgement and are hungry to learn. This is a great place to build and advance your career, and an exciting time to do it.
MakeSpace is a looking for an energetic and creative content brand and communications expert to join the growing Brand team. The right candidate will have a proven track record in crafting communications and messaging across all levels: from establishing MakeSpace as a market leader and disruptor of a brand to the corporate level communications. The goal of this position would be to drive customer acquisition across marketing channels, increase the retention and brand advocacy with existing customers.
What you will do:
- Manage all corporate communications opportunities including speaking engagements, thought leadership and awards
- Contribute to overall PR planning and execution
- Monitor external brand image, ensure the MakeSpace brand is reflected positively and accurately
- Drive overall SEO Strategy, developing and managing execution plans
- Develop and manage annual editorial calendar to support SEO strategy and support brand and acquisition goals.
- Manage development of content with internal and external resources
- Lead editorial and creative strategies for branded content across affiliate and owned channels
- Develop contents strategies to provide a great, and on-brand, customer experience across all customer touchpoints.
- Over time, collaborate with performance and sales teams to develop CRM contents
- Manage the development of internal communication materials including All-hands decks and Company Newsletters
- Act as a brand ambassador internally to support the rollout of our new brand strategy
- Prepare our Executive Team for presentations
Who you are:
- 3-5+ years of experience in a marketing and communications role
- Experience in a start-up or tech organization, consumers oriented
- Experience managing communications strategies and overall positioning
- Experience working independently to meet set goals
- Experience working with After Effects
- Experience successfully working in collaborative teams to meet deliverables against a set timeline
- Leadership, Analytical rigor, organization and innovation are some of the qualities needed for this role
- A positive attitude and a personality that energize and encourage others
- Culture-obsessed: you have your finger on the pulse of cultural currents, social media advancements and influencers. You like to be ahead of the curve, and share this knowledge with others
- Hard-working with a can-do attitude
What you’ll get:
- Competitive Base salary
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Free storage
- Generous vacation policy
- Competitive parental leave policy, we believe in our team having a great life outside of work
- A fun office in downtown Manhattan, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered Wednesdays lunch, happy hours and more
- Ground floor opportunity to help build the team and brand
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.