Manager of Data, Reporting, & Analytics
MakeSpace is a venture-backed startup redefining the storage offering. The $34B storage industry is ripe for disruption: antiquated business practices and a truly horrific customer experience. MakeSpace is quickly overtaking the category with rapid growth in New York, Chicago, DC and Los Angeles. Our business provides truly customer-centric offering and fair pricing, powered by advanced technology and modern business practices. With this exceptional consumer product and strong business framework, we have massive opportunity to scale and grow.
Reporting to the SVP of Strategy, as Manager of Data, Reporting, & Analytics, you will drive growth and operational excellence by developing exceptional reporting, analytical tools and data products; by empowering each functional area and educating them on our data; and by generating and communicating insights.
What you will do:
- Partner with executives. functional leaders, engineers, and other stakeholders to improve the depth, breadth, and impact of the data and reporting available to the business
- Develop, scale, and refine our production data pipeline using best-of-breed ELT technologies
- Execute complex analyses using a variety of tools. Create presentations and deliver them to senior audiences
- In partnership with our Engineering team and 3rd parties, expand our machine learning and AI capabilities to develop and refine forecasting, anomaly detection, and classification algorithms
- Over time, grow, train, and lead a team of data professionals
Who you are:
- An experienced individual contributor and “full stack” analyst, with 4+ years of experience in data analysis, data engineering, data science, or analytical/quantitative roles in management consulting, finance, marketing, or operations
- A leader looking for an opportunity to own a functional area and build something to be proud of
- An excellent communicator and a natural team player; curious and inquisitive and excited to gain deep knowledge of every functional area
- An expert in cloud data pipelines (dbt, Fivetran, Stitch, AWS Lambda, and other ELT tools), modern data warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.), visualization and business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, Chartio), and yes, Excel
- Knowledgeable about advanced analytics and able to guide investments in and collaborate on data science, machine learning, AI, and predictive analytics products
- A college graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Science, or another quantitative field
What you’ll get:
- Attractive compensation
- Robust Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Generous PTO plan
- Company Wednesdays lunch, unlimited snacks and beer
- Team happy hours, events, and social clubs
- The chance to join a fun, dynamic culture that encourages rapid professional growth.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.