MANAGER OF DATA, REPORTING & ANALYTICS
MakeSpace is looking for a Manager of Data, Reporting, & Analytics, to help revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. With our full-service experience, forward-thinking tech, and easy-to-use app, we’re making space more accessible to everyone. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 24 cities across North America (and counting).
We’re looking for a talented Manager of Data, Reporting, & Analytics, to join the Strategy team. Reporting to the SVP of Strategy, you will drive growth and operational excellence by developing exceptional reporting, analytical tools and data products; by empowering each functional area and educating them on our data; and by generating and communicating insights. This role is based in our HQ in New York’s Financial District.
- Partner with executives. functional leaders, engineers, and other stakeholders to improve the depth, breadth, and impact of the data and reporting available to the business
- Develop, scale, and refine our production data pipeline using best-of-breed ELT technologies
- Execute complex analyses using a variety of tools. Create presentations and deliver them to senior audiences
- In partnership with our Engineering team and 3rd parties, expand our machine learning and AI capabilities to develop and refine forecasting, anomaly detection, and classification algorithms
- Over time, grow, train, and lead a team of data professionals
- An experienced individual contributor and “full stack” analyst, with 4+ years of experience in data analysis, data engineering, data science, or analytical/quantitative roles in management consulting, finance, marketing, or operations
- A leader looking for an opportunity to own a functional area and build something to be proud of
- An excellent communicator and a natural team player; curious and inquisitive and excited to gain deep knowledge of every functional area
- An expert in cloud data pipelines (dbt, Fivetran, Stitch, AWS Lambda, and other ELT tools), modern data warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.), visualization and business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, Chartio), and yes, Excel
- Knowledgeable about advanced analytics and able to guide investments in and collaborate on data science, machine learning, AI, and predictive analytics products
- A college graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Science, or another quantitative field
- A competitive base salary
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch on Wednesdays, unlimited snacks, beer on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, and social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your closet
- Beautiful office in Lower Manhattan with massive outdoor spaces for lunch, work, and play :)
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us know—and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.