MakeSpace is the technology solution for physical storage. We are changing the way people think about their belongings and saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. We are taking on the $40B storage industry with a combined product and engineering team of 18 people. We are just getting started.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write and deploy high quality code that directly impacts our operations and consumer experience.
- Design and document stable REST APIs and asynchronous communications.
- Integrate with other teams like web, growth to integrate solutions and plan dependencies.
- Write code that will perform efficiently and accurately in an asynchronous architecture as well as look for opportunities to scale existing architecture and infrastructure components.
- Work on web and mobile products that are essential to our Operations and Growth Teams.
- Form and guide technical and architectural decisions.
- Function as a tech lead and mentor junior engineers in code, design and efficient processes.
- Our stack includes: a Python/Django/MySQL/RabbitMQ/Redis application running on Amazon AWS maintained with Ansible.
What we’re looking for:
- You’ve guided at least three unique products through various phases of growth and inflection at different companies.
- You are a senior full-stack engineer and strive to have a large impact on your team and the company through your product contributions.
- You’re motivated by a desire for involvement in product definition.
- You continually learn and strive towards being the best software engineer you can be. This includes having an impact and learning : reading and writing blogs, participating in meetups, speaking, open-source contributions sharing via brownbags etc.
- Deep competence in Python and ReactJS; Or at least in either if you can demonstrate quickly learning a new programming stack.
- Experience in one other programming paradigm - the JVM or a distributed systems language.
- Competence in asynchronous communications patterns such as via RabbitMQ or other methods, caching via Redis, and AWS deployments and services.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach and step outside of your comfort zone.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.