Quality Operations Specialist
MakeSpace is a rapidly growing startup based in NYC that provides a convenient way to store your things. We are reinventing the $34B storage industry by finally putting the customer first and giving them a simple and easy way to get their things into and out of storage, without lifting a finger.
Reporting to the Head of Quality/Continuous Improvement, the Quality Operations Specialist will work primarily out of the Edison warehouse in a cross-functional role between Quality/Continuous Improvement and Operations. As a liaison between these teams, the QIS will be actively leading and deploying quality and improvement activities in the warehouse. The role will also be working closely with the Customer Support team to resolve field escalations and quality issues directly from customers.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify and quantify any recurring Ops incidents or issues; ensuring they are flagged to the appropriate managers and, when necessary, to Head of Quality.
- Initiate, implement and lead the warehouse operations efforts to improve and sustain quality standards and improvement culture across all team members
- Actively manage exception handling to investigate, troubleshoot and solve customer issues
- Manage a small team of Quality Improvement Associates (QIA) on a day-to-day basis on various warehouse improvement activities
- Perform and report frequent warehouse process audits and drive improvement through writing and deploying SOP’s along with OPS
- Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff to drive SOP compliance
- Actively engage with Customer Services for ticket or incident resolution and enhancing the customer’s experience
Who you are:
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software. Previous experience with MS Word and Excel.
- Education in a related field.
- Creative problem-solving and critical thinking is required.
- Must be comfortable lifting or moving objects up to 50 pounds and sitting/standing for 8+ hours per day
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be capable of multitasking and communicating with a variety of people and personalities
- Must be able to effectively use written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean can be extremely valuable but not required
What you get:
- Full benefits package including the following: medical, vision, dental : covered 100% per employer, life insurance, transit benefits, paid time off.
- Great career advancement
- The opportunity to work for a growing tech start up and have a real impact on the company
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.