MakeSpace is the technology solution for physical storage. We are changing the way people think about their belongings and saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. We are taking on the $40B storage industry with a combined product and engineering team of 18 people and we are just getting started.
Our existing tech stack is a React and Python app, with MySQL/Aurora/Redis, composed of a monolith as well as newer services that’s deployed using Terraform/Ansible running on AWS and using Celery, RabbitMQ for async communications.
What You’ll Do:
- Inspire the other engineers working with some of the technologies you’ve already become skilled in.
- Build performant, maintainable, and cross-browser compatible user interfaces from scratch.
- Work on internal web tools that are crucial to our Sales and Operations teams.
- Collaborate with our world-class design & engineering teams to create the best UX we can offer.
- Write, test, document, and deploy code that ensures the integrity of our operations and user experience.
What you deliver:
- Strong professional software engineering experience
- Experience building React-based and/or component-based user interfaces
- Good taste and an eye for pixel-perfect collaboration with design teams
- Experience with React or other modern front-end frameworks
- Thorough HTML5 and CSS3 knowledge
- Experience with Python (especially Django), MySQL, and/or Docker/Ansible a plus
- A sense of humor and an excitement for collaboration
- Aspirations to use technology to positively transform the physical world
- A willingness to learn, teach, and grow beyond the current edges of your skills
What we deliver:
- Competitive salary
- Open, collaborative, and flexible work environment
- Highly-encouraged vacation time
- Excellent health insurance plans with the option for an FSA
- WageWorks Commuter Benefits
- Modern, spacious office with outdoor patios 200 feet above the streets of Manhattan’s Financial District
- Catered lunches every Wednesday, snacks and fruit, and an endless amount of Toby's Estate Coffee
- Buy or build your ideal workstation, with the choice of a motorized standing desk
- Awesome happy hours and team outings
- Focus on efficient, balanced workdays with flexible work-from-home policies and one of the most competitive paid parental leave programs in NY startups
- We begin with a 30-minute phone screen with recruiter where we will share with you more about MakeSpace and the next steps of the hiring process, hear more from you about your background in more detail, and listen to some high level objectives you have in your next role.
- The last step is a 3-hour onsite interview with engineers, product management, and an executive.
If you want to join a startup that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day then please APPLY.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.