MakeSpace is a full-service storage company that strives to deliver the best storage experience in the world. Part of accomplishing that mission involves using technology to make what’s typically seen as a hellish process (self-storage) seem as easy as tapping a button.
Our Operations team stores and transports customer items to a secure storage facility until they decide they want them back. Our customers can see what they have in storage directly on their mobile app which include pictures for easy retrieval. Our streamlined supply chain enables our customer items’ to be returned in as little as 24 hours.
As a MakeSpace Operations Manager you will be responsible for inbound operations, outbound operations and the performance of deep storage operation across multiple shifts.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and supervise a team of 2-5 front line supervisors and dozens of hourly associates in outbound or inbound operations within the fulfillment markets.
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality, customer experience and performance for the facility and employee base.
- Strategic labor planning and demand forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
- Assign drivers to loads by optimizing load information such as origination, destination, type of freight, number of miles, stops, directions, etc. with driver needs and availability.
- Monitor drivers and laborers time and attendance, minimize overtime and ensuring that drivers do not exceed limits established by regulatory agencies
- Mentor, train and develop peers and direct reports for career progression and learning.
- Ability to innovate and improve operational processes. Develop and share best practices across the network.
- Partner with cross-functional support teams (Tech, Marketing, Strategy, etc) in improving the proprietary tools and systems of MakeSpace.
- This role is based out of our warehouse in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
- You’ve completed a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (Engineering, Operations or Supply Chain preferred)
- 2-4 years in warehouse distribution center and transportation management experience.
- Direct management experience for a salaried and non-exempt employee population and its performance.
- Obsessive attention to detail with excellent analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- You should be flexible to work weekends and night shifts regularly.
What you'll get:
- Strong Base salary
- Full medical coverage, life insurance, LTD/STD, transit benefits
- Access to some groovy perks programs for things like gym membership and movie discounts.
- Have an impact on one of our primordial operations
- The chance to work with the coolest guys in green you’ll ever meet.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.