About MakeSpace – www.makespace.com
MakeSpace is a national tech startup headquartered in New York City that is disrupting the self-storage industry. We are changing the way people think about their belongings and saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again.
MakeSpace is a convenient, simple, on-demand storage solution that takes the "self" out of "self-storage”. Our Operations team storages and transports customer items to a secure storage facility until they decide they want them back. Our customers can see what they have in storage directly on their mobile app which include pictures for easy retrieval. Our streamlined supply chain enables our customer items’ to be returned in as little as 24 hours.
Are you relentlessly focused on continually improving customer experience? Do you want to lead and develop a team of managers that oversees an operation of over 100 associates and three facilities? Would you like the challenge of driving top-line growth while increasing profitability via a more efficient supply chain?
We need an exceptional leader and manager - someone who leads by example but can also delegate, consistently raising their bar and inspiring their team to do the same. As a key leader in a growing and interdependent machine, you must be able to step outside yourself and proactively work with product, marketing, and customer support to meet larger company goals and hack new initiatives on short notice. This is where big-picture thinking meets operational expertise head on.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage two separate operations comprised of 100+ salaried and hourly staff; the ability to effectively teach, mentor, lead, and manage within all areas of the operation and coach staff beyond current potential.
- Direct P&L ownership of the New York and New Jersey markets in collaboration with the site operators and cross-functional peers in our headquarters.
- Extensive involvement and partnership with Tech, Strategy and Customer Support teams in the continuous improvement of the tools and algorithms that power our homegrown platforms.
- Lead the weekly Labor Supply Meetings as well as yearly planning cycles and budget process.
- Set clear goals for safety, customer experience, quality and cost. Report daily on KPIs, explaining the “why” behind key wins and misses.
- Develop and implement supply chain strategy with a two to three years horizon.
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- +7 years of operations experience; MBA or postgraduate degree in a Operations / Supply Chain related field preferred.
- The ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions.
- Extensive P&L, budgeting, and volume forecasting experience.
- Successful experience of continually implementing improvement initiatives, specifically Lean/Six Sigma practices, in a transportation, manufacturing plant or distribution environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop others into higher levels of leadership in an organization.
- Strong understanding of Transportation fundamentals as well as warehousing and distribution operations.
- Customer-focused attitude to improving the operation by leveraging critical support staff (Finance, HR, Tech) to achieve more efficient processes.
- Strong communication skills, both in person and remote
- An ownership mentality. Not afraid to take responsibility and initiative.
What You'll Get
- Strong compensation package that includes base salary and stock options.
- Access to some groovy perks programs for things like gym membership and movie discounts.
- The chance to join a fun, dynamic culture that encourages rapid professional growth.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.