Makeship was founded in 2018 to empower creators of all sizes to rapidly launch products that matter to their fans. We are bringing A-list celebrity level product launches through a community-powered platform. Each product gets 21 days to be funded by the community before we produce and ship to fans. We put our brand behind every product and guarantee the quality and source everything ethically. By 2023 we aim to become a carbon-neutral company. We're a profitable company and we grew 1000% in 2020 by running campaigns with 200+ creators.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing who’ll lead all our marketing activities from social media and digital campaigns to advertising and creative projects. You are a hustler who understands how to craft digital creative campaigns and back up results with data. You'll work across departments and with some of the largest content creators in the world to execute campaigns that generate 6-figure sales in several weeks. If this sounds exciting to you, apply to this role!
Why this role?
- Lead and help build our marketing team from the ground up. We're a young company in an industry that is growing super fast, and you have full ownership of how we build out our processes to continue our 900% YoY growth.
- Work directly with the largest content creators in the world. You are the first contact point between our platform and the people-making content on Instagram, Youtube, TikTok and other platforms.
- Join us at an epic time. We're a profitable company and we've worked with 40 creators in 2019. We worked with 200+ creators so far in 2020 and plan to work with 400+ in 2021. This is the time to experience exponential personal and career growth.
So, what will you do at Makeship as Head of Marketing?
- Craft strategies for all Marketing teams, including Digital, Advertising, Communications and Creative
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department
- Set, monitor and report on team goals
- Design branding, positioning and pricing strategies
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize the user experience (ex. A/B testing with the checkout process, app integrations for sales and promotions, etc.)
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features)
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts to boost brand awareness
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives
This might be for you if...
- 5-10 years of experience as a Marketing Manager, Marketing Director or in a similar role
- Have strong leadership abilities
- Solid knowledge of web analytics and Google Adwords
- Highly creative, with strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Very familiar with Shopify platform
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- What benefits can I expect?
- Extended health benefits (dental, vision, etc.)
- Any equipment that you need
- Access to tons of resources and support to help you in your role and growth