Makeship was founded in 2018 to empower creators of all sizes to rapidly launch products that matter to their fans. We are bringing A-list celebrity level product launches through a community-powered platform. Each product gets 21 days to be funded by the community before we produce and ship to fans. We put our brand behind every product and guarantee the quality and source everything ethically. By 2023 we aim to become a carbon-neutral company. We're a profitable company and we grew 1000% in 2020 by running campaigns with 200+ creators.
We are seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic Community Manager to lead the creation and management of our online communities on Discord, Reddit, and Email newsletter. You will be the liaison between the brand and the people who love the brand!
Why this role?
- You'll define just how fast we can grow on the internet. We're a young company in an industry that is growing super fast, and you have full ownership of the strategy and execution of our online communities.
- You'll have a high level of autonomy and independence. This is a brand new role and is one of our first marketing hires. You will have a lot of responsibility and freedom to unleash your most creative ideas for community building.
- Work directly with the largest content creators in the world. You are the first contact point between our platform and the people making content on Instagram, Youtube, Tiktok, and other platforms.
So, what will you do at Makeship as a Community Manager?
- Manage our community platforms (Discord, Reddit and Email Newsletter)
- Define the most important community KPIs including a high engagement rate and post frequency
- Communicate with our creators and our fans (customers) on every platform and provide them a safe space to express themselves
- Work with the rest of the team to identify opportunities from the insights you get through community management
- Organize online (and in the future, offline) events to create a better sense of community within our brand
- Help us crowdsource ideas and feedback from the community for improving our service and choosing our next product catalogues
This might be for you if...
- You have 1-2 years of experience managing communities online
- You have experience managing a discord community with at least 3,000 members
- Bonus: you have experience moderating/managing a subreddit page
- You are super quick to respond to messages and follow through on what is going on online
- You are a strong operator. You've worked in cross-functional teams in the past and know how to navigate a project with expertise.
- You're familiar with reddit lingo and how discord and emails are setup
- You have an extremely creative mind - you want to deploy wild ideas and be experimental.
- You're hungry for a challenge.
- What benefits can I expect?
- Extended health benefits (dental, vision, etc.)
- Any equipment that you need
- Full Remote work
- Access to tons of resources and support to help you in your role and growth