MakerBot believes there's an innovator in everyone. As a global leader in desktop 3D printing, we set the standard in 3D printing reliability and ease-of-use by providing effective solutions for every stage of the desktop 3D printing workflow. From the start, we have also redefined what's possible for makers of all walks by introducing many industry firsts.
Consistently pushing the boundaries of excellence and quality is a MakerBot core tenant. Our Quality Test Engineers ensure every new product delivers precision 3D printing and provides a reliable user experience by thoroughly testing the latest hardware and software in development. The MakerBot Method printer the only 3D printer in its class to guarantee finished part dimensional accuracy ± 0.2mm (± 0.007in). We were able to achieve this through innovative engineering and rigorous testing throughout product development.
While we are currently remote, we are looking for candidates who are able to come into the Brooklyn office in the future, once we are able to and this role will also require about 10% travel as circumstances permit.
Areas of Responsibility
- Author, execute and present test plans, summarize and present results
- Execute testing activities to enhance product performance and consumer experience
- Prepare regular testing updates to highlight progress and significant developments
- Design custom jigs, fixtures and test prints using CAD software (Solidworks)
- Author, run and troubleshoot Python scripts to control 3D printers
- Perform issue identification and root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
- Analyze, measure and characterize printer output and defects
- Develop automated tools to dive in and understand large datasets for irregularities and trends
- Software bug identification and characterization
- Report to Senior Quality Test Engineering Manager
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years of product testing experience
- Experience with testing hardware in development
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++
- Experience with data acquisition systems such as LabVIEW
- Know how to fluently read and interpret engineering drawings and requirements
- Working knowledge of test equipment, including data collection and interpretation. Equipment includes: voltmeter, power supplies, DAQs, oscilloscopes, and power/source analyzer
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and root-cause analysis skills
- Ability to multitask and handle tasks with priorities effectively
- Ability to travel internationally (up to 10% time).
- Strong MS Excel experience, particularly with analysis of large datasets
- Must have the ability to write technical summaries of testing performed
- High degree of ownership and professional commitment required
- Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization
- Must be self-motivated and practice effective time management
- Experience with 3D printers
- Experience with MatLab programming and statistical modeling
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD tools a plus
- Experience with OGP or other metrology systems
Sometimes, it’s the little (virtual) things:
- Weekly virtual, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course, but also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge and expertise to help and teach you how to use them.
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.