MakerBot is looking for a talented Industrial Design Intern to join our team in Brooklyn, New York. We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about design, thrive on tackling complex technical challenges, and are eager to venture into uncharted design territory.
- Assist the team in developing new product concepts and experiences.
- Develop exciting product concepts and leverage your creative problem solving skills to bring them to life.
- Feed off the energy of collaborating with other product development teams including mechanical engineering, product management, and UX design.
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions and design reviews.
- Bring your passion for design, 3D printing, and technology to everything you do.
- Have or are pursuing a bachelor’s degree in industrial design from an accredited university and have been studying industrial design for at least 2 years.
- A portfolio of work which demonstrates your ability to think creatively and solve problems on a broad range of topics and communicate your ideas effectively.
- Incredible sketching skills.
- Self-motivation and an infectious spirit of creativity, innovative thinking, and a sharp attention to detail
- Great sketching and Solidworks modelling skills. Working knowledge Adobe CS, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, and Google Slides / Powerpoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A passion for 3D printing & prototyping
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.