Who We Are
Maisonette is an online marketplace for high quality baby and kids products across every category; from apparel to gear to toys and home decor. Founded by two moms in 2017 with the goal of helping modern families raise the next generation, Maisonette carries over 1000 unique brands from around the globe, providing relevant, high quality product at every price point, and expert-led content tailored to every stage of parenthood.
More about Maisonette:
- We are a fast-growing venture-backed start-up primed to become the dominant single-destination player in the kid's market.;
- Our vision and business performance resonates with investors; we’ve completed multiple rounds of funding from top-tier investors including NEA, Thrive Capital and G Squared.;
- Our board of directors consists of leaders across the fields of tech, e-commerce, and fashion.; They include Co-Founder of Lumi Labs, Inc., and former President and CEO of Yahoo! Inc Marissa Mayer, Co-Founder & CEO at BRANDED Pierre Poignant, and General Partner at NEA, Tony Florence.;
We have a diverse, collaborative, and experienced executive team hailing from Vogue, Jet.com, Casper, Birch Box, Rent the Runway, Industrious, and Retail Me Not.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We look forward to interest in our roles from all walks of life. Please see our diversity report for more information.
What We Need
We are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join the Creative team. Working in conjunction with the Design Director you will be responsible to translate the Creative Director’s vision for the brand into visual executions across all touch-points. The candidate should be a strong creative and strategic thinker with good understanding of the digital-native, mobile-led world whose taste, aesthetic and point of view aligns with Maisonette’s elevated yet playful visual universe. Ability to demonstrate excellent use of typography, color and composition are core to success in this job.
The Designer should be a team player and enjoy working in a collaborative fast paced atmosphere. The job entails being able to work independently and take on projects from concept to delivery, working hands on as well as directing junior members of the team.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the Design Director to develop and maintain the visual expression of the Maisonette brand, making sure it properly aligns with the creative vision and brand standards - while still pushing creative limits.
- Lead design projects from kickoff through completion across all touch-points and marketing channels (organic and paid). Including:
- Works closely with the Product Team to ensure product design is on brand and executed to the highest standards of quality.
- Work closely with junior members of the team to translate concepts into high-quality executions. Inspiring, guiding and providing thoughtful feedback.
- Brings knowledge of design, art, culture, fashion, trends to the table
- Fluent in English speaking, writing, and reading.
- 6 to 8 years of design experience, preferably in-house or at a creative agency.
- A remarkable portfolio that demonstrates ability to turn ideas into strong creative.
- Strong understanding of brand design in digital platforms.
- Excellent sense of aesthetic, typography skills, color sensibility and design fundamentals.
- Pixel Perfect execution.
- Ability to create gif animations. Motion Graphic skills are a plus.
- Strong proficiency of graphic design tools such as Photoshop and InDesign. Figma is a plus.
- Result and solution oriented.
- Ability to multitask and time manage.
- Team player. Positive and open-minded. Receptive to feedback from others.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment. Adapts easily to changing environments and demonstrates flexibility in shifting goals and priorities.